Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Any advice for a leaky hose?

emmett518 ยท 2022-06-18 07:45

On my Deere 310L, there is a drain hose, connected to the hydraulic reservoir tank. It leaked when I got the hoe, so the Deere mechanic tightened the hose clamp. It was a bitch, because it was in an inaccessible spot. He had to use a 24 inch, 1/4 drive extension, underneath to tighten it. Well, it's leaking again. Any advice on tightening it, and keeping it tight? I have a feeling I'd have to pull the engine to get to it for real. Not something I really want to tackle.

Replies9
  1. #1Zewnten2022-06-18 09:31

    Unfortunately I didn't see anyone who was able to figure it out. We always pulled the cab to access those hoses.

  2. #2CM19952022-06-18 20:04

    I'm confused. If it's a drain hose then why is it leaking? Not familiar with JD backhoes.

  3. #3heymccall2022-06-19 00:36

    Put one of these In place of #34 here

  4. #4Zewnten2022-06-19 10:50

    Yep drain, rubber rots and starts leaking. Usually not a loose clamp from the few I did.

  5. #5CM19952022-06-19 11:19

    Ahh - when I saw drain hose I was thinking the hyd tank drain.

  6. #6terex herder2022-06-19 11:43

    My guess is the hose is shot where it goes over the barb. No clamp will fix the problem, you need to cut about 1/2" off the hose. With new hose on the barb, about any clamp will fix the problem for as long as the original solution lasted.

  7. #7joe--h2022-06-19 12:15

    Me too confused. Is it leaking hydraulic fluid? If that's a yes, why is it leaking? I must be missing something here. Joe H

  8. #8Zewnten2022-06-19 13:14

    sorry meant return line

  9. #9joe--h2022-06-19 14:44

    Oh. Get used to it or fix it. Or wait for the elves to show up in the night and fix it for you. That doesn't actually work, but I keep hoping. Joe H