Hello. I think this may be my first post, but I have stalked here for a while. I am about a month shy of graduating from a Caterpillar Internship program known as Think Big. Been working in the shop for 2 years now and I love it. I started this after working on semi's for 6 years. I just like diesel. In school, our instructor is having us do research papers on specific machines. I was originally interested in a Paver or a Cold Planer. Well the problem is that so is everybody else... So new idea. I saw that CAT has a new 336E H hybrid excavator. I have access to SIS and I am unable to locate anything on it. I was wondering if anybody knew of any place to get info (there has to be enough on it for a 50 minute speech), more preferably, if someone has a serial number for one. I dont even know if it exists on SIS at this point, but I hope I came to the right place to find out. We havent seen any of these in the shop, really havent even seen the D7E's yet either.. So going through there probably wont get me many results either. Thank you for any help.
Try this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-ZhLMhOKqA George
Thanks, but it isnt the one I am looking for. Looks like you just got the E model... https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kPmUvKC9VHE
SSL is the serial prefix. They're called 336E LH and 336E LNH.
RZA comes up too.
Awesome, Ill look with the RZA.... I did find the others on SIS but maybe I am not 100% sure what I need to look at. Short time today so ill have to browse some more. I just went into systems op on it and skimmed it. Maybe ill read the hydraulic section since that is the main part of the hybrid portion. Thanks for the information.
Hi Volvo If you pm me a email address I will send you the full product info, for the UK spec 336ELH, the file is to big to post here.
I have emailed you everything, I hope it gives you enough for your project.
#1.) Congrats on your Think Big Internship/Graduation! #2.) Caterpillar is excited about the introduction of its first 336E Hydraulic Hybrid- the 336E H! State of the Art Technology has been incorporated into this machine to provide customers with up to 25% less fuel consumption than the standard 336E (a fuel economy and performance leader in its class) and up to 33% less fuel consumption than the 336D. #3.) 336E H Hybrid Website: #4.) 336E H Hybrid Walkaround: #5.) Key system technology advancements are included in the machine with the introduction of: the Adaptive Control System Valve, Electronic Standardized Programmable Pump, and larger displacement accumulators....pumps, valves, and accumulators are components that our customers are already familiar with and work with to easily service & maintain today. Hope this helps provide you with a few resources and where to get more info.?! Appreciate the question!
Thanks CatExcavator. If anybody is curious, I feel I should update on this. I did not have enough information to do a 1 hour speech on this machine. I ended up going with the underground mine loader instead. Had a 46 minute speech on it. Another guy in the class did his on an excavator, and hit on the hybrid excavator and what actually makes it 'hybrid'. I found out the hybrid system is actually an option on a 336 model. I thought it was another machine completely. I graduated in May and was hired on as a full time employee. I love working for CAT and plan on doing it for many years to come. Thanks for all the info though. And thank you Roger for sending me all of that information.