Hello, Our KH191 Kubota excavator has been acting up over the last several years. We knew something was wrong - it kept consuming coolant, could not tell why, but it ran good and functioned well. Well, last weekend, while digging a swimming pool, it really went south, dumping compression pressure into the cooling system (when you start the engine, exhaust gas comes out the radiator cap). We took the head off today and there is a crack on the undersurface of the cylinder head on the #2 cylinder, adjacent to the precombustion chamber. Everything else looks ok. Not sure if this can be fixed - I will bring cylinder head to a shop next week. In the meantime, I started looking on the internet for used parts for the Kubota excavator. I'm having a hard time finding anything. If anyone knows of a boneyard that has a KH191 in it, hey I'd love to know about it! Thanks. Joe Stewart
May not be of any help, but: If your unit has the S2800D engine, what's probably a variation ("S2800 diesel") was also used in some tractors, and there's Kubota tractor forums on tractorbynet, mytractorforum and ssbtractor.com... There're also lists of Ag wrecking yards, broken down by state on atis.net and adeptr.com. Good luck.
That's exactly the engine that we have! - the S2800D! A Kubota straight six cylinder diesel. Thanks for that bit of information. I'll direct a post over to SSB's site. I'm not familiar with the tractorbynet, my tractor forum etc, but I'll check them out! Thanks again. Joe Stewart