Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anybody has the part numbers for Clark/Dana R28000 Electrical Control Valve or Remote Valve Plate ?

joer00 ยท 2026-01-14 15:27

Hi, I am modifying my old (rebuild) Michigan Clark 55B to be completely electric/remote controllable. I have all working but the gear shifting. There is a Electrical Control Valve for the R28000 series which I attach a PDF and this would be the best, but I could also build this with solenoids using the Remote Valve Plate (item 4 in the second PDF). Unfortunately none of those PDF's has the part numbers. All suppliers ask me for part numbers and are unable to help. Anybody has this or a ressource to contact ? Thanks Joe

Replies12
  1. #1Simon C2026-01-14 22:15

    I have done complete overhaul to these transmissions before. Are you looking to control the transmission with a remote control. The mining industry had a lot of that kind of set up if that is what you are intending to do. The company that has done the most of these is Bull Industrial Supply from Sudbury Ontario Canada. There were hundreds of these units in the mines in Ontario before. Simon C

  2. #2joer002026-01-15 13:52

    Thanks Simon. I contacted them, lets see if they can help. So you overhauled the transmission but also don't have the serial numbers for all parts ?

  3. #3Simon C2026-01-15 14:10

    I did not own the machine the transmission went into. Used extensively in Timberjack Skidders. A guy that I worked for had it. He is bankrupt now. I got paid. Simon C

  4. #4STEFANO2026-01-16 04:48

    Ciao Joer, ti invio Manuale di parte per la trasmissione CLARK R28000. Regard P.s. I have stock of spare parts for Transmission CLARK DANA, and CLARK MICHIGAN Loader .

  5. #5joer002026-09-08 14:27

    Ah thanks ! So do you have either the electrical valve or the remote valve plate ?

  6. #6joer002026-09-11 11:46

    I found the remote transmission plate if anybody ever needs it, see attached

  7. #7Welder Dave2026-09-11 15:45

    These would be interesting to see. I never realized remote control equipment has been around for quite awhile.

  8. #8joer002026-09-11 17:01

    Mine is even more interesting, I am using the remote plate to create my own electronically controlled version. I am rebuilding the whole loader to be electronicall controlled. Valvles and throttle is done, shifting is the last thing left

  9. #9Simon C2026-09-13 00:09

    Scoop trams for mucking underground have been remote for more than 40 years now. Simon C

  10. #10Welder Dave2026-09-13 00:39

    There was a place in Nisku that rebuilt Scoop Trams. I worked at a shop next to it.

  11. #11Simon C2026-09-13 10:11

    Yes, they use to rebuild scoop trams for the mine that was next to the one I worked in back in 1996. Think they were called AME or something like that. Caterpillar has a good portion of the underground scoop trams now. Simon C

  12. #12Welder Dave2026-09-13 15:20

    I can't remember the name but there were a couple scoop trams sitting there that looked beat to death.