Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anybody have experience with a Bobcat 418?

alco ยท 2011-08-29 01:16

Just curious if anybody has experience, good or bad, with a Bobcat 418? I've been tossing the idea around of picking up a small machine to get into tight spots where other machines just can't get to. There are basically 4 machines I have been reading up on, and the Bobcat is the only one I haven't found much on. 6 days off at my normal job gets a bit long sometimes, and with what the going rate is for a small machine here, I figure it might be worth while to play around a bit. 30 feet of 3 foot deep trench to a garage for power cable and gas will bring $600, and it sure doesn't take long to dig it.

Replies3
  1. #1stumpjumper832011-08-29 06:30

    The local rental guys have a wee little older bobcat, 316 or 320. And the other one had a kubota 008, both have several k hrs and are still tickin. The bobcat is for sale, due to being replaced by another larger bobkitty, and they are still rentin the kubota.

  2. #2alco2011-10-14 01:09

    I was considering a K008 Kubota as well, but the closest dealer is 5 hours away. The other ones I have been looking at are the Cat 300.9, and the Komatsu PC09-1.

  3. #3hiluxman2011-11-09 00:09

    the bobcat 316 and 320 where not very good machine for a few reasons