I have had the brochure by the "throne" for a while, and actually read it lately. It looks like it comes with some nice features and good specs. Any real "in the dirt" feedback out there?
The guy i work with bought the SVL90....wicked machine tons of power!
I've operated the larger of the two, the SVL90 and it was a good machine. For the money its performance was really good. Its a basic machine with a little rougher ride but the thing will move a lot of dirt as pickles mentioned above. Little weak breaking out of a pile but it will push about anything. Haven't had the chance to operate any attachments on it to see how they perform. I wish it was a little faster, even in high speed its a little slow. I'm interested to see if they add a larger machine to the 2 they offer. I talked with a salesmen when getting some parts for our excavator and he told me they were "thinking" about it.
I wonder if the are thinking about a wheeled machine. I've been around Kubota tractors for clost to 30 years and they have proven them self to me. Yes on the 7mph or so high gear, I thought that was slow also.
Their tire machine is supposedly coming out at the end of 2013. It looks like it is going to be a hand/foot controlled machine, not pilot like the CTL's.
Haven't heard any real deal breaker negatives about them, but I have a buddy that I work with in a QDM association that has one and he's mentioned a few things such as breaking two lift cylinders because debris builds up inbetween the cylinders and the chassis with no real way to clean it out (he was running a rotary brush cutter), he can't see the corners of his bucket, he can't see the hydraulic sight guage (its in the cab) when he is putting hyd fluid into the machine, two speed is slow, heat and airconditioning vents are only on one side of the cab leaving his right arm, right leg cold all the time in the winter here in Wisconsin, no highflow available on his model (75) and he needs tools to get to his engine.
Kubota new CTL SVL90HFC I have had two known issues with a SVL90 (150hrs use) to date 1. defect in Idler Slide tolerance creates a loose track w/ excessive noise issues. Kubota Corp is unwilling to recognize issue as a defect under warranty. 2. unresolved power loss issue at the Electronic Control Unit. appears no diagnostics exist to perform diagnosis, again no solutions offered. Good Luck "caveat emptor"
I have what I believe was the last pre emission SVL-90 sold in Texas. I have 50 hours on it with no problems. The machine is a beast. I was fortunate to find one without the DPF. Legdoc
Anybody aware of a fix for the loose idler slide issue?
Anybody have experience w/ replacing the orifice on the stall guard (standard 26mm to 33m)?, SVL-90