Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CASE TR320 picture thread.

KSSS ยท 2012-02-11 19:20

Here are a couple pictures from my TR320 I just brought it home today.

Replies33
  1. #1KSSS2012-02-11 20:12

    Here are some others. The two knobs you see on the side of the controls is to run my laser grader and are not factory.

  2. #2Stick Pro2012-02-11 21:15

    Nice looking machine, congrats. How do you like the machine so far?

  3. #3KSSS2012-02-11 21:34

    I have not done much with it. I set the E/H to respond how I want it to, other than that not much. Sounds like next week I will be able to get it dirty.

  4. #4xcmark2012-02-11 21:35

    I bet is still has that new car smell in the cab! I am jelous , looking forward to a good right up on how it stacks up to the rest of the fleet. Nice truck and trailer, any chance you have had it on a scale loaded like that? My trailer and skid with my crew 2500hd crew was right at 23,300 combine no bucket on the machine. truck pulls like a freight train , stopping I wish was better.

  5. #5KSSS2012-02-11 22:07

    Thats the first time I hooked that pickup to that trailer. I think the load minus the pickup weighs about 15K but thats just a guess. I bought that pickup just before Christmas ('12, 6.0 3.73). The suspension and frame upgrades they did in 2011 made a huge difference. It brakes much better than the '10 and previous trucks. Pulls good, its not a Dmax but I am impressed with this motor. I bought it to keep nontowing miles off my Dmax trucks, but still be able to pull something if needed. I got a lot more pickup than I orginally thought I was getting. Its getting low 15 mpg on the highway. As soon as I get some hours on it I will post my thoughts on it.

  6. #6CRAFT2012-02-11 23:50

    congrats ! ...."SWEET " ......:thumbsup

  7. #7stuvecorp2012-02-11 23:53

    I see whay you mean on the joysticks with the 'extra' control options now. The joysticks are pretty full even without the laser controls. How does the add on laser controls work? Last question, with the E/H controls and programing, how close are they to the old servo controls?

  8. #8Matt_H2012-02-12 00:14

    I hope you have better luck with yours then I have had with mine. I guess I should explain before I get asked. Alot of electical problems solenoids for drive motors, seat sensors, and the latest which ripped a tarp off a truck, the bucket curled all the way out while operator was loading truck which caught tarp and ripped the s*** out of it and then died and would not start. The machine has not had the update yet but was told its available now and I hope solves the problem. Machine currently has roughly 700hrs.

  9. #9KSSS2012-02-12 00:18

    The laser controls are wired directly to the attachment. Power comes from the 14 pin connector on the skid steer. There is another connector that connects the controls on the joy sticks to the attachment. That is wired separate. I will take some pictures of the laser grader controls and post them. It will be easier to explain. I would say that the E/H controls with the upgrades is more like pilots than servo controls.

  10. #10Jeepwalker2012-02-12 00:40

    Is that an upholstered seat (cloth)? Heated maybe?

  11. #11KSSS2012-02-12 15:06

    Yes its an upholstered seat with heat.

  12. #12pafarmer2012-02-13 04:23

    Nice machine. Truck and trailer is very nice too. Good luck with the new toy..........

  13. #13nraithel2012-02-13 20:50

    What brand of Grader do you have on the trailer?

  14. #14coorecat2012-02-13 23:07

    Nice ride and only 8.4 hours on the clock.Please let us know what you think of it because I'm interested in how it performs and Bobcat doesn't have me sold completely on their ctls just yet and I will be in the market for one in a few months.

  15. #15KSSS2012-02-14 00:32

    The grader is a Skid Master Pro from Southern Precision. Once I have some time on this machine I will do an evaluation of it and post it here.

  16. #16JCBiron2012-02-14 18:28

    If it makes you feel any better Shane, at least we agree on brand of trucks.....although I'm currently driving an '08 Cummins.....pulls great, rides like an apple cart!

  17. #17skata2012-02-15 02:04

    heated seat? oh that must be nice!

  18. #18KSSS2012-02-15 02:10

    Well, actually that would be two things, I am a red tractor fanboy as well.

  19. #19KSSS2012-02-15 02:12

    I think it might be next Winter before I can appreciate it. Dont think it has gotten below zero here all Winter.

  20. #20JCBiron2012-02-15 09:10

    "Did we just become best friends? Yep! Do you wanna do karate in the garage? Yep!" (Sidebar: That was either slightly amusing to you or very creepy, depending on your cinematic preference)

  21. #21Digdeep2012-02-15 12:21

    It was funny. Just don't ask him to make bunk beds with you!

  22. #22CRAFT2012-02-15 12:53

    WHOA !.... WHOA ! ....now we're getting too colorful .....lah lah lah lah

  23. #23pafarmer2012-03-13 16:44

    Well, How is the 320 working for you. I have a demo coming in a few weeks time. 320 full cab unit. Interested to hear your thoughts. I am presently running a 333d and a 319d.........I demo'ed a T770 Bobcat and really liked it. Tell me more about your new Case.

  24. #24Matt_H2012-03-14 20:05

    Well if your running Deere now. You'll love the Case. more power, better on fuel. Awesome controls

  25. #25KSSS2012-03-14 21:03

    Matt has a lot more hours on his than I have on mine. I am hesitant to write up a review of this machine at this time since I have under 75 hours on it. I will say this. The machines cold starting capability is outstanding. I dont want to overstate how well the EH system responds, but I have to say that it substantially better than the 279C I demoed and substantially better than the 2011 TR320 that I demoed last Summer. I cant compare it to the Deere or BC since its been too long since I have run them. Thats why I am curious to hear from someone who has run these machines (like you PA) to compare them. If you take the time to set the machines response to your preferences I cant find a fault with this system. I am running it and trying to find an odd EH response that I have found in other machines. I have nothing yet like I did with the CAT machine. However maybe something will come up but so far I can not be more happy with the way they set up these EH controls from a response standpoint. I would like to see some preset options to capture different settings for different operators but as far as speed, response, and feel, its really nice IMHO. I notice that it doesnt lift as strong as it seems it should. I spoke with CASE and they have a fix for that if you desire that. I understand that is slows the lift speed slightly. Its not a big enough issue for me right now but may be as I get into more lift and carry type work later this year. No shortage of power. Cab is sweet, visiblity is good. At this early point in ownership, I dont have anything to complain about and it actually performs better than what I was expecting when I ordered it.

  26. #26pafarmer2012-03-15 05:24

    thanks Matt and KSSS. I will let you know my thoughts after i run the little Case for a few days. I really liked the T770 from Bobcat and the price was fantastic too. I have enjoyed the JD machines, Never an issue with either machine. I like to try different models and manufacturers prior to buying. I use them up pretty fast in my line of work,

  27. #27pafarmer2012-04-20 08:10

    How about a review. I am in the market for a CTL and these look interesting. Any kind of review from you on your new machine ?

  28. #28JCBiron2012-04-20 13:08

    Do you have a JCB dealer close in your area? The reason I ask is that I would be very interested to hear your feedback on our new machines since you are going to be well-versed with all of the competition. I'm not saying "Go buy a JCB, they're the best", I'm actually just being a bit selfish and am curious to hear opinions after you have ran our machine vs. the others. Obviously, if there isn't even a remote chance that you would give a JCB consideration, then it is obviously not worth your time, nor the dealer's time, just thought I'd throw it out there for argument's sake. Some times, when demonstrating machines, I think customers will tell you what they think you want to hear as opposed to their real opinion. I jus thought since you don't know me from Adam, you would give me your real thoughts, good or bad. Obviously, if it comes down to dealer support, or lack thereof, I wouldn't blame you in the least for not even giving them a look.

  29. #29Matt_H2013-02-06 21:02

    Figured I'd update machine has 1600ish hrs on it. Had some elec. problems early on but worked though them machine has not been down since Case fixed the problem. Anyone that wants to buy one better soon before 2013 models when they are to get DPF and cost 15k more

  30. #30KSSS2013-02-07 13:15

    15K more? Are you kidding? I would like to trade my 465 off for a SV300, but I have been putting that behind more pressing matters (like updating excavators). I will have to have a chat with my salesman. I am really liking my TR320. It appears to have been a really good decision, at least at this point. You spend a lot of time in that machine.

  31. #31durallymax2013-02-07 23:54

    15k sounds like some good tavern talk to me. Its barely that on $200,000 machines.

  32. #32Digdeep2013-02-08 09:51

    $15k is steep. I heard that CNH skids and CTLs were going to see an 8% bump, but that was just a rumor from my buddy that sells them.

  33. #33Matt_H2013-02-08 19:00

    I bought my new 320 end of 2011 for 55,000 new one was told a price of 66,000 and change and was told I was getting that price due because of two new excavator purchases. Your forgetting for some reason we pay more in canada.