Snow Plowin!!!!!!
We're still paving, plowing has'nt started yet and I'm sick of it.
Snow??? Whats Snow
Im loving every minute of it. I have nothing better to do. Been laid off for 6 weeks and cant collect unemployment
We haven't gotten snow yet, but I could use it after the horrible year I had work wise.
Ya guess I really should complain,We are still just really busy with moving the 'ol dirt. It is nice money,last year we invoiced out almost $42,000 in snow removal
Yeah, last year we had work through the winter, this year, things are dead. I laid a few guys off on Halloween. I try to keep everyone till Christmas. Crossing fingers for snow and broken water mains this winter.
I wish I had snow to plow!
Yes and No. No real snow here yet but .... -13 to -20 is a Body shock after a nice warm Fall.
Ive spent many of many hours plowing and doing snow removal with our old 580Super L. We just had our new Deere 410G delievered the other day so Im anxious to put it to work. It's a change from the Case but it's a very nice machine. Im lucky I get to run it. I dont mind plowing snow, it gets old at times but I do like being out in the storms.
That's because Peter Noonan hasn't decided to let it snow in W.Bridgewater yet sparky...Doesn't he control EVERYTHING over there?
I knew that reply was coming soon..... :Banghead Personally I'm sick of cold. We've hardly had any snow. Most the lake effect stuff just misses us. In my opinion if its going to be cold there may as well be some white stuff to go with it! Heck, I mite even get a chance to make a couple bucks too
Let's see, you get to sit in a heated cab, probably listening to the radio, not much traffic to deal with, and you are out of the house and getting paid , how could anyone be sick of that? What always gets me is that here in NC, the rare chance we do get some snow, everyone wants their parking lots cleared, then the snow stays piled up for weeks, if they would wait a day or two it would all be gone. Comes in quick and leaves quick down here. But two weeks ago I did get up to find about two inches on the ground, gone by lunch but was very suprised to have snow this time of year.
Lets see Red Bank. Working a 10 hour day, getting home at 7pm. You fall asleep at 10, then you get a phone call at 1am, time to go plow. When you leave the house you dont know when you will see it again. It can be 6am, it can be a day or two later. Reuben, I can see how your sick of snow already. You are pushing with a case after all. We havent had to push any snow yet. Weve had a couple small storms, combined with a warm parking lot, means no snow to push.
lol......I love my case's. . Very very dependable and strong........Thats why I get sick of plowing because I never get any sleep. plow from 5am-7pm. eat dinner spend some time with the kids. take a nap go back out to 3-4am. OH and yeah building roads,spend three hours plowing snow just to get to the dirt you have to push,chain up the triaxles twelve times a day. Ya its nice to have work but man I can do with out the snow and the cold. Last week we had to clean the tracks on the dzrs and xcvtrs several tmes A day so it didnt freeze in there.
Hey, it produces a thingee called "REVENUE."
Reuben All we've gotten so far is a flurry this morning, but already I'm thinkin'....
Just about
Great pic. That just about sums it up real well.
Well if you're sick of snow please send it my way because I can't get enough. I don't have to plow though so I don't care...haha, I can enjoy it in other ways. CASE looks good though!
Just got back from 10 hours of moving white stuff and producing revenue here. FIrst of many happy days this winter I hope.
Thats an awesome pic of the hoe plowing snow! We hardly have any snow here at all which is surprising for december the first. I also wish I could get on doing snow removal all winter with my equipment, I love doing that. Seems like everyone and their dog has a bobcat and offer snow removal though, D'oh!
Let it snow!!! (As long as I have these things around anyways...)
im hoping for alot of snow here! we only got a lil tease yesterday
Yuck! I moved from Alberta to Vancouver Island to get away from winter. Where I am it's supposed to snow a few times a winter and last for a few days at most. It started dumping snow on Dec. 12 and hasn't let up yet. It's snowing now. I hope it goes soon, I'm ready to do other things.
All this snow talk drives me batty... Up in Canada, the municipalities contract nearly ALL of the plowing and removals out. They pay the operators a standby rate if no snow, but when it does snow, your taken till it stops. I'd sell a few unco-operative family members right now for a good standby rate and a snowstorm twice a week regular
Have not had to plow since Dec 31, 2008 here. Getting board and ready to go again. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111
50hours and counting for snow removal this season.
Got a few family members here I will give you like a case of beer. No deposit, no return, and now I won't take them back even if you offer to pay me to do it.
Since I'm in FL now, it matters little. But I'll have that case of beer
bring it on im ready this year