Lost hydraulics when I blew a line under the Hoe.
Got mine burred until the fuel tank and hydraulic tank were on the mud. I put it in 4x4 and locked the diff, and it actually drove out to my surprise. I didnt even need the loader or hoe to get out. Didn't blow a hose tho! When i got under it, I had mud everywhere...drive shafts, differential, steering cyl., and the trans. I also had damage from rock hits to the underside. My soil is full or rocks, so they are in the mud too. I hope not to do that again! Needless to say, I am doing the NO rain dance!
That's one way to get a backhoe stuck. I might run a replacement hydraulic hose up over the fender and around to wherever it goes, disconnect at both ends and leave the busted one in place to get you out of there to fix it right. That's if you can get at both ends of the line that busted.
Damn... That is inspired. Great idea!
I had something similar on my 931B track loader with a backhoe. I was digging in soft ground with the hoe when all of a sudden I lost hyd's. I shut the machine off right away. The main hose from the pump to the control valve came apart and dumped 60 litres of oil. I had trouble getting the belly pan off because the machine had sunk in the ground a bunch. Finally got it off and had to lay in that 60L's of oil to take the old hose off. The problem was obvious. Someone had used a non Cat hose with Cat reusable fittings and stuck a metal shim in the fitting to make up the difference from the Cat hose. The hose was perfectly good with about 2" skived for the fitting. I got a new hose made up and used a swivel adaptor instead of guessing on the correct orientation of the fittings. Then I had to lay in the oil again to get the new hose on. Not fun at all. Are all of your hyd's. gone or just one function? Just wondering if you could get the boom lifted and pull the machine out to repair it. Maybe a come-a-long or something could pull the boom up?
Luckily I got the hoe in the travel position and the front bucket up mid travel. Pulled it out with a 18K winch on a suburban hooked up to my dump truck loaded. It was sketchy at best.
LOL! I have seen guys do that with bobcats cause they didn't want to pull the engine... although their's was a permanent fix...
You're lucky you could pull it out to fix it.
VERY Lucky Had to put 10 Gallons of fluid in it just to lift the hoe and bucket I did learn that the steering cylinder is on the same tank as the rest of the hydraulics.
When I saw your title, I thought: That's almost impossible if it's working right (and not a turned-down rental). My backhoes, first a Ford 4500, then 580sK, have been an integral part of making my living for years. I take a backhoe in places that I am scared to take anything else. I have done many jobs where I walked in on my buckets for hundreds of feet. I can walk along on the buckets faster than you can walk on your feet. I did have to pull mine out once, though. We were working on a plantation in the Santee delta, and I went out into a rice field to clean around a pump intake. I was driving along happily, sinking about 8", when I ran across a quarter drain that had been filled in. It sank down til the top of the hood was about level with the ground. I put the 36" backhoe bucket flat on the ground and pushed it into the mud until, with the extendahoe out, the underside of the boom touched. I realized I might be in trouble, but I started working it back and up a little. After I had gone about 50', I got one back tire almost out, and blew a loader lift cylinder. Fortunately my trackhoe was on the same property, so I called Sarah to come and get me. We had to put the 215c on mats to get it near. Sarah claims to be 5'01", but isn't quite, and you can see her knees over the hood, if that gives you any idea how deep it was. This picture was taken after she got there with the 215c, and I had already gotten it halfway out.