ive come across a 1088lt that was real jumpy an jerky when opperateing,,, bout like sitting on a bucking bull. the guy had someone look at it an they took the hyd pumps off an lost some of the stuff, needless to say I horse traded work out an I got the case before it got sold for scrap. I got with the fella that took it apart an he says (all the parts are still there with the machine) an like as expected there not, I got to looking around an I found the big pump that bolts to the rear of the engine an the coupler too, I don't have anything else tho. ive went in circles with the boy that took it apart an its hopeless with em,,, theres no parts there with the machine nor the nuts an bolts from takeing it apart. I think it was all too somewere a forgot or threw away, any way I took the big pump apart to look into it for damages, didn't really see anything that would keep em from working so I greased it all up an put back together, so now ive found a web site online an looked up machine an it looks like there is possibly 2 more pumps that go on the end of the big one, looks that the one that bolts to the big one has a 4 bolt whole pattern an is a piston pump too, an a small gear pump looks to go on the end of that one. but is the middle pump a separate pump from the big main one? or does it pump for the main one too, if not what does the center pump do,,whats it control,, on the online parts web I didn't find any hoses nor fittings to go to it to tie in, just the ones for the lil end pump, an with the lil pump on the very end it looks to be a gear pump as big as a soft ball an id guess that would be the pilot pump or charge pump witch ever case calls it pilot system pump. machine only has 4100 hrs on it an motor runs great an undercarriage still 95 % left overall machine is older but in good shape, any ideas from a familiar tech. bout my pumps,,, I was thinking bout looking threw all the salvages out there to find a whole complete pump assembly from engine bell housing to the very end , just unbolt all an put onto mine. no one out there has a unit that still together nor just a pump. figured if I mount the big main pump back to motor it ll be a kinda puzzle as I go kinda thing, add a part an see what else I need then an so on.
http://www.blountparts.com/ Not sure if this is close to you, but they seem to have a lot of Case stuff
yea ive delt with them before bout some cat stuff,,, theres lots of people out there that have the 1088 s but everyone keeps telling me that the pumps are already gone,,, buts its funny cause some of them accually show something like just in new arrivals to dismantle, an 1088 being one of em but yet no pump! thanks tho for ur reply
Here is a link to the parts book and hyd. page of it. http://partstore.casece.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr1686681ag43422
thanks for ur help,,, wish I had asked few days ago, I finally stumbled across the site other day an saw pics of the pumps but the middle pump when ya click on the info. part it cant bring it up kinda like no longer avail. an I think it said contact ur local case. hopeing to find just the few parts that are missing an installing them an hopeing for the best cant give up on it ,,, looks to good to cut up
pumps The first 688 and 888 used a Linde pump, the later 888 used the same Rexroth pump that was used on the 1088. No charge pump was used on the 1088, it was a gravity feed system from the tank to supply oil to both piston pumps and the pilot pump. It is a pressure/flow compensated system and uses a variable flow pump to supply oil to the attachment, travel and optional functions, front section to engine. The middle is a fixed flow piston pump, for the swing system. Then you have the pilot pump on the end. Engine low and high idle have to be set, you will need the test fitting/pressure hose/ gauges up to 600 bar/ 10,000 psi on some tests before using gauges 415 bar/ 6,000 psi and less depending on what your testing. So you mite check later 888 with the Rexroth pumps also for a donor. It may help if you post some pic's of what you have and how it's hooked up.
my machine has the off the wall brand name brand on the tag,, it starts with a H an about 12 letters long, an made in Germany, its a square block type pump. but least I just learned that the middle pump controls the swing. one lesson down , now just gotta locate a used one out there an the pilot pump, not to mention there are a few hyd. fittings that look like some kinda inverted blare, or british style flare, but worse case I can exchange the fittings to something else im sure. thanks.
Hydromatik would be a Rexroth
YUUUPPP that's the name of it,,, but does that mean that the half im missing (the hyd pump that controls the swing) is it a hydromatik too, least now ive learned something new today,,, ive delt with rexroths before on forklifts just hope this ones not discontinued too tho.