I picked up John Deere Service Advisor 5.4.84 from some cheap Chinese seller because I wanted to use it with my Nexiq USB Link 3. Honestly, it was super cheap so I figured I’d give it a shot… But yeah, total waste. I tried it on like 4–5 different machines and couldn’t get it to connect to anything at all. No communication, nothing. Seller stopped replying too, so that didn’t help. Then I came across this YouTube video where these guys are actually connecting with Nexiq and even getting into all ECUs on a 317G. That’s what really confused me. I’m starting to think maybe it’s not just the adapter… maybe it’s the setup, data files, or something missing in these cheap versions. Has anyone here actually gotten Nexiq USB Link 3 working properly with Service Advisor 5.4? Or does anyone know anything about these guys in the video… like what kind of setup they’re running or what they might be doing differently? Would really appreciate any insight
i could not figure out how to get my nexiq 3 to connect to service advisor (i didnt try very hard), ended up ordering a edl3 which im sure is a knock off for the price i paid and the country of origin it came from but it works as it should.