Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone heard of “Shantui” dozers

mowingman ยท 2019-04-05 20:24

We have some type of machinery company who set up a portable office building and a couple of shipping containers just north of here. (30 miles or so north of Dallas, Tx.) They have had 3 or 4 dozers sitting out on their lot for the past year or so, and do not seam to have sold any. The name, I think, is "Shantui". Looks like they are flat track, and run from about a D4 size, up to a D8 size. Now I noticed their building is gone, and the dozers are moved into a weedy place on the property, which fronts the interstate. Has anyone ever seen one of these Chinese dozers in operation? All I can find is a little info on the internet. I believe this equipment sales company has gone down the drain, so I do not know what will happen to the dozers. Jeff

Replies2
  1. #1Plebeian2019-04-05 21:35

    The unused heavy equipment that has been sitting a long time in the yard often goes to the heavy equipment auctions that have a lot of equipment to attract as many potential buyers as possible. Shantui been around for nearly 40 years. Used in places like Australia. 'Cheap' new/ low hour machinery can be taken to remote locations for projects and left there or sold locally at a low price rather than have to pay a high cost for the transport of the wornout machine to another distant remote location. (Usually buy another new cheap machine to replace the one left behind for the next project etc) https://www.tradeearthmovers.com.au/reviews/1807/shantui-220hp-bulldozer-review

  2. #2Sanya_Promstal2019-04-09 17:41

    I can be wrong, but Shantui is the leader in bulldozers in China. SD16 is the old D65 Komatsu, SD23 is D85. Similarly, on other machines, except for SD42. SD16 loved our gold miners. Bulldozers are cheap and bought a few pieces for the supply of sand. 2 units work,one as a donor for spare parts))))))