anyone here own a 580k
yes...1988
1989 here
I traded mine in last summer but I definitely got my money worth out of it. Took a good beating working on rock most of the time. Good machine!
93 4X4 Excellent machine except it started having electrical problems the day it arrived. Why do you ask?
trying to figure out if I have a converter problem. all my other machine were clutch driven. this machine seems sluggish.
Ours never was a ball of fire going down the highway. When it was new I was driving it down road when another 580 super E pulled out on the road up a ways. We were on hill and I thought I,d push him up the hill. He just walked away from me. His was turbo'ed but I was shocked.
580 k 580 k Like the machine basic maint. Hoses,batteries,did have to replace kingpin from over grease. Will push as much as a small dozer and very versatile. Still looking to buy a small excavator 18k.
I've had a 1990 580K for 9 years now, and it treats me like gold. Its basic, non turbo, orops, standard hoe, 4X4. My only complaint, was that it came with a single 600 CCA battery. I swaped that out for 2 950 CCA and wired it 4/0. Now, it would have no trouble starting in antarctica.:bouncegri
I had a 580K and it had electricial problems fromthe start. i guess its a K series thing my father told me
I have a 90 580 K ext-hoe, 4x4. wiring issues, as well, no lights, nothing And my 4wd wont engage sometimes. the lever is stuck it seems. Any thoughts?
I've got a '92 4x4 that I'm working on. While replacing the floor panel, I found the pivot point for the 4x4 lever which was seized solid. There is a grease fitting on it. We finally got it freed up after greasing it. Major wiring problems also. Phil
I have a 580 B that wont start. there is a remanufactered injection pump on the machine and its getting fuel to the pump but nothing to the injectors. any one can help.
The pump is a Roosa Master DBG FCC 431-46-AJ
Thank you Very Much.
I bought a '89 3 weeks ago....... nothing electrical works except the tach & fuel gauge.......... doesn't seem to be sluggish tho..........haven't had time to jack with it much..........
:notworthy You got a working fuel gauge............ Must be all that good clean living:cool2
I have owned a 1988 k for 5 years. Dang tough machine. After some repairs I now have everything working except the tach and the hand brake. It is so nice to have all the lights front and rear to see where you are going. I have dug some very tough rock with it and loaded a lot of dirt. Just getting to the point of needing new batteries before winter.
mflah87 I have heard the same
I bought an 87 580k 4x4 w a full cab last fall, all of my lights work, it has a radio (it works) the directionals work (both in the cab and outside) My tach works... actually all of the stuff on the cluster works except for maybe the fuel guage... but if the fuel goes low enough it reads it... even the heat blower! most of my electrical problems have been based around one fuse in the engine compartment that seems to have bad contact and inturn over heats and blows... I love my machine though, she is great and works like Heck!
WB Automotive, we have a 580 SK and there is a shut off solenoid right on the injection pump. It works of the key- just one wire. If you have one, check to make sure your getting power to it when you turn the key. The lift pump will work and fill the filter but if the solenoid is "off" no fuel gets into the injection pump. I just had to hotwire ours because of a wiring problem. You might want to start you own thread to get more help.
580k....580b Whats the difference?
I have an 89 K with electrical issues as well. Gauges work, but nothing else. Just bought it a few weeks ago, mechanically it works great, but it sure would be great to have lights.
On that note, anyone know how the wires are routed through the K with a full cab? I have the fuse block on the right of the seat behind the shift lever, but would love to know how the wires get from the light switch on the front dash beside the steering wheel to the fuse block, and out to the lights.
The "K" models are famous for the wiring harness ends breaking. Go underneath and find where the wiring harness connects to the cab/rops wiring harness. Disconnect the two harnesses and I'm sure you will find the males ends either broken or really corroded. Hopefully this helps some electrical issues.
Everything. There is about 20 years between the two models. Sorry for being so vague but there is (almost) nothing the same.
Yes I have one. Just changed the hydraulic pump. Now the thing won't move.
I have an 87 4x4 extendahoe, It's been good to me so far. As far as electrical issues go, most things work except a couple gauges, mostly blown fuses or bad bulbs. It does seem sluggish compared to my neighbors 1990 Cat 416 4x4; I ran around all day moving dirt piles in second gear in the Cat, my 580K is not nearly as torquey in second gear.
I have a 91 4x4 sk turbo.Full cab extend a hoe.Everything works,love it.I need to put a radio in it though.Pulled out the headliner last summer,not the place for a radio!I sure goes down the road better than the cat 420 I drive at work!