I recently had my TCU go out in my Terex TA40 off road truck. I'm pretty sure it was caused by a short but we can't seem to find it. I was told that there might be some way to bypass the Transmission Contol Unit.... The truck starts and runs great but It won't go into gear. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This site may be able to help, www.justanswer.com/terex Cheers, Bruce
i never heard of any one doing it i will sell you a new one cheaper than terex
About what year is it Cats4me? We had 2 TA27 off roads 02-03 model years and one of them loved engine ECMs....seemed like every 2 months to the day it would eat a ECM. The dealer could never figure it out.
is it possible to bypass the TCU? I have the same problem with a TA30, it does not move, this trucks are so much complicated.
hii i have the same problem with two ta40. need help too.
I just replaced the TCU on a TA30.Got it for half the terex dealer price from a local ZF dealer
Jumper cables hooked up backwards caused the problem Operator was trying to help
:usacats4me.... try this site it may very well help out. www.justanswer.com/terex :usa