Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone know what this control valve is for ?

maquinariawiebe · 2018-09-28 17:56

We buy quite a bit of surplus parts for our inventory. Recently received this one, and does not look like anything i have ever seen before. The ID plate has been torn off, so I have no idea what it could be for. Any ideas of what machine it could be for?

Replies11
  1. #1partsandservice2018-09-28 22:42

    It looks like an excavator control valve for a dual pump with pilot pump set up. Application ??

  2. #2heymccall2018-09-28 22:49

    Definitely cat excavator, by the fittings, ports, and pilot control attachments, but all my cats have all the spools in a row.

  3. #3wornout wrench2018-09-28 23:30

    What thread are the pilot fittings? SAE or JIS?

  4. #4walkerv2018-09-29 01:27

    Those dont look to be cat flanges, did they use that style on smaller excavators?

  5. #5Cmark2018-09-29 03:58

    I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. There are a couple of styling cues; The one visible pipe fitting obviously isn't ORFS but doesn't look like JIC either. The wiring plug isn't like anything I've ever seen on a Cat product. The forgings on the tube ends don't look like the work of some second-tier small volume manufacturer, plus the clamp looks familiar. So I'm going to stick my neck out and say Komatsu.

  6. #6heymccall2018-09-29 06:22

    I was definitely wrong...now that I put it on a bigger screen.

  7. #792U 34062018-09-29 11:28

    That's definitely a main control valve out of a Deere/Hitachi excavator. I've pulled many of those out for reseal at the previous dealer I worked at. I don't know what model exactly its out of though. Likely a ZX or ZX-3 series though.

  8. #8mikebramel2018-09-29 19:19

    Its definitely Asian with those hose crimps

  9. #9Vetech632018-09-30 10:50

    I agree. I just had a very similar valve out of JD 200

  10. #10Tractorguy2018-10-01 22:53

    I don’t think it’s off a Deere machine. The sections on a Deere bolt straight to each other and it seems to have a section in middle. Also hard line ports don’t look light that on a Deere

  11. #11John C.2018-10-05 10:35

    That valve kind of reminds me of a Hyundai excavator I looked at a few years ago. Standard five and four spool valve with boom and arm high spools for two pump flow. I don't understand the electrical connection on what looks like a relief valve on the input end of the valve.