How does it work ? Thanks !
That appears to be the frame of a rock truck. Keep your eyes open and the cab, tires, axles and box (sometimes in 2 pieces) will be following along shortly.
Yep like Theweldor says, you need a few more parts! That round drum like area with the Komasu on the cover is most likely where the drive motors for rear wheels bolt in and the pads with three bolt holes on the upper two and the four bolt holes for the bottom two would be where the front suspension cylinders mount. One of the steering cylinders is hanging from the bolt hole to the left on the lower pad. Hope you don't need this truck for Monday morning or some one is going to be working long hours this weekend! Junkyard might be free if you need help!
screwdriver pair of pliers and a bfh whip that thing together in about 40 min. AFTER YA GET THE REST OF THA PIECES
How fast do they go together I have never been around when they go together or come apart
From the ones I have been on it is pretty easy to have a couple of weeks. Depends on the size and how much welding needs done.
That ain't no hunnert tonner, not with 24 cylinders. Unless it needs 12 extra to compensate for the emissions.
YouTube komatsu 980e Komatsus largest hauler. Electric drive.
I wanna see someone do an inframe on that engine. The rear section seems a bit tight to the frame all around.
the pile of turbos on there is impressive
The mechanicals go together pretty quick. Large crane and four people and two big service trucks. The biggest issue I saw with them was the boxes come in two halves that have to be welded together. The number of days it takes depends on the amount of over time is allowed. Most crews work half days. One crew works 12 hours and then the next crew comes in and works the other twelve hours.
some assembly required
Just like Ikea
I was going to say that......... I don't know about Komatsu boxes John, but the 789 and 793 boxes I've worked with came in 4 pieces, centre section, LH & RH side sections, & headboard. The wear plate packs came separately. The welders worked 2 x 12 hours shifts to nail them together. HeavyEquipmentForums
No in-frames, no mid-life injectors & turbos, even the overheads only get run every 4000 hours. End of life, snatch the whole engine/radiator/generator power pack in a single lump. On earlier Komatsus the complete power pack rolled out of the front of the frame on rails, never been around a 980 so couldn't comment.
I'm impressed by the trailer !!
A big THANKS !!! to the Theweldor for knowledge and answer. Also impressive was the size of the radiator, it looked like something you'd see on a 3000 HP stationary generator. PetePilot's also correct, that's ...much... much... more than scavenge air on a two cycle engine. I wonder how much boost is being produced ? Are we talking about three atmospheres or 120" of MP or just 60 psi ?
One of the old gang recently 860E 129,000#/210,260# gross
Brief specs of the 980E -4 are: Payload, 363 tonnes (400 US tons); body capacity by design; engine, Komatsu SSDA18V170 QSK78 rated at 2611 kW; maximum loaded speed, 64km/h; braking system, 4476 kW electric dynamic retarder plus wet disc brakes front and rear; tyre size, 59/80R63(standard)
EQUIPMENT SPECS: https://www.komatsuamerica.com/equipment/trucks/electric/980e-4 Crummy, You're so lucky living in the most beautiful country in the world ! If you talk to sailors who've circumnavigated the globe, they can confirm PacNW is the place to be ! Operating a truck @ 210,000. lbs. on big hills must take some experience ! How do you know how hot the brakes are getting ? Maybe you should get a pace car to laze your axle's with a non-contact thermometer, then radio you when you won't be able to stop ? I'll bet the cops hate you, you could probably damage their scales.
I can't take credit for that- it's someone that's a friend-of-a-friend & we still stay in touch with what everybody is up to. They run WAY bigger stuff than I did when I was doing it.