Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PIN #’s for computer access

Vetech63 ยท 2018-11-08 07:21

For the 10,000,000 time again, I get on a CAT 320C excavator and cant access the service options unless I put in a PIN number. I have run into this so many times and man its aggravating! I have been told that there are default pin numbers for machines, but the CAT tech support guy I talked to had me try 0000 and 1111 with no luck. Is it possible to get the PIN or change it somehow without calling CAT ET? The owner of this particular machine has owned it since new and has no clue if it has ever been changed. Seems to me this would be a constant issue with how many machines are sold and moved around constantly.

Replies6
  1. #1ianjoub2018-11-08 08:14

    If you ever find it, paint it on the machine by the diag port.

  2. #2Nige2018-11-08 09:07

    Older machines the default was FFF2. Without a Serial Number it's hard to even know where to look ........

  3. #3John C.2018-11-08 10:25

    Nige is correct for the C models. They changed to 9992 on the D models I believe.

  4. #4Vetech632018-11-08 17:04

    EAG00641 is the serial number. I will have to try what you guys are saying and see if it works. If it is not the default is there any other options?

  5. #5Nige2018-11-08 17:12

    T'was as I thought - FFF2 This is what I found when I searched under the EAG-prefix Serial Number you gave. If the owner has had the machine from new and nothing has ever been changed I would be surprised if the key above doesn't get you into the Service Menu.

  6. #6Vetech632018-11-08 17:15

    Perfect! Thanks Nige.