If anyone could tell me where I might find some lower rail guards for my Fiat Allis 14C, I would appreciate it VERY much!!! The weather here has been quite "nippy", so I'm trying to use this time to do some work on the "old girl". The end pieces (of the guards) are still on the dozer, however, someone removed all the other center guard pieces, and never put them back on, and I would like to remedy that. Thanks again for any help and assistance. JD Dozerman
Why do you want to put the center guards back on? Most contractors took the off because the just held material in between the lower rollers and the rail and in rock that was the best rock crusher there was around and made short lift of and undercarrage unless you are in dirt only I wouldn't suggest it. Maurice
Why do you want to put the center guards back on? Most contractors took them off because the just held material in between the lower rollers and the rail and that was the best rock crusher there was around, also made short life of the undercarrage unless you are in dirt only I wouldn't suggest it. Maurice
If it were mine I'd leave them off. My D39 has full length rock guards and you can tell when in heavy wet clay it loads the engine when the tracks get full. My product support salesman told me if I ever needed to remove them to cut the center sections out( these are one piece full length).
Well I am working on getting my dozer "spruced up" while the weather is less than pleasant, and I thought I would put it back to "original", so to speak, by putting the engine side covers back on (which I got with the dozer), hopefully getting it re-painted, new decals, etc., and I figured I would put the rest of the rock guards on as well, that were missing. I am mainly in just dirt (or clay), and brush, no rocks really to speak of here on my place, but if it's not a good idea I reckon I will just leave them off, I didn't realize they were causing such problems, so I appreciate the input. :drinkup JD Dozerman
kenco mfg maby their prices seem pretty good