Just curious if anyone one the forum does any rail road work with their backhoes? I did quite a bit of it last year and it sure seem to be hard on the tires, it took a lot of chunks out of the lugs on the tires, front tires were Firestone and rear are solideal, are some brands better at resisting chunking than others? I recently installed some beefy babys on the front and they seem to be holding up good so far. Anyone have any tips or trick for rail road work would be great! Thanks.
It does rip up tires. Is GCR in Canada? I know they deal alot with mining, if you can get your hands on some of the Bridgestone mining tires I think you'll be satisfied.
I have a 06 580 super m, and when I got it the front tires were balder then a babys bum. The machine was 5 yrs old, and it was taken care of, spotless machine. It worked a lot in gravel, and road construction so that's probably why they were so bald. The machine had michelins on it when I got it. I replaced the front tires on it with michelins again, for $1200.00 taxes in. I would recommend michelins, because I have them all on my equipment, and they last for a long time, and there a good bang for your buck considering the price. I would spend the money on michenlins any day Take care case 580sm