Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone run a Case blade?

Finish Blademan ยท 2009-05-31 09:31

I have a 865 Case blade.I ran this blade for a while for finish work but this thing will work you to death trying to cut bluetops.The hydraulics are horrible when compared to a Cat.For comparable sizes a 140 H will work rings around it.I have it currently working on a rough cut crew to use for getting grade close before I send in a finish crew to cut for money. Just wondering if anyone uses one?We run a lot of case equipment and I have no complaints.But they have a long ways to go in the grader department.

Replies2
  1. #1JTL2009-06-07 03:36

    Yours is the first machine I've seen in the real world. I saw one at Con-Expo in 05. All I did was laugh. The way the articullation worked and the Gallion style controlls had me in stitches. Ive never run one, and I dont want to. I think John Derre has the market these days, since Cat only offers there stupid joystick controlls. Jason

  2. #2Finish Blademan2009-06-07 07:54

    I agree with ya JTL. I`ve run a blade for a long time and I do not,NOT, like those M joysticks. As for the Case blade,it was bought before I worked for the company.They are seeing what a waste it was.The little 12 H I run on a finish crew works rings around this gargantuan piece of junk.