Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

money question

140G ยท 2009-05-31 07:00

What amount of money a grader operator could get for a years work in your area. Here i get about 14400 euros, that is about 19000 usd

Replies5
  1. #1Finish Blademan2009-05-31 07:23

    I am salaried at 1100 a week.Not sure what that works out too.That includes duty as a superintendent and when needed I climb on a blade to cut bluetops,finish burn,process materials..etc I don`t get to spend as much time on a blade anymore.I spend a lot making sure rough cut crews have all they need,layout time with our surveyor,dealing with issues that arise on all the jobs..But every chance I get ,I stay with my boys on the finish crew. I`ve got a kid workin for me who is 23 that I brought from a pup to a full fledged operator running my finish crew.He still has some years to learn but hes gettin there.Hes knockin down about 900 a week. Hope that helps answer your question.

  2. #2140G2009-05-31 07:52

    Yes .Thank you ! every answer will be wellcome and helpfull. Thanks again !!!

  3. #3JTL2009-06-07 03:48

    We pay our #1 finish blade man 40 bucks an hour. With his union benies and all, hes making about 56 bucks an hour. He has a company pickup, and we pick up his rent. He typiaclly works 60 hours a week. You guys can do the math. A good blade man isn't expensive, he is priceless, kinda like a good mechanic! ATCO and Randy Krieg should agree with me on this!

  4. #4140G2009-06-07 07:22

    Everybody would agree to that!

  5. #5Madcanadian2009-06-09 15:04

    A good operator should be pulling from 50000CDN to 90000CDN. Absolute minimum is 25 per hour. For finishing roughly 50 per hour.