Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Blade Pics

Finish Blademan ยท 2009-05-31 09:59

I am not sure if a thread already exists for them but I figured I would add some and see if anyone else wishes too. A pic of the 1978 G that I learned on to run a blade.Good old machine. My 140 H I ran for three years, next pics are recent pics of a 12H I use on my finish crew and one job waiting on prime for asphalt.

Replies13
  1. #1tippatone2009-06-12 14:04

    Great pics.......nice graders:thumbsup

  2. #2I AM IRONMAN2009-06-13 17:54

    Great Pic's Blade Man! Nice jobs and equipment! :drinkup

  3. #3Finish Blademan2009-06-13 23:55

    Thanks fellas.Anyone here happen to notice that roller in that pic of the 140 G? Maybe showing my age a little but that thing was probably made near or before I was born. The pic may be too grainy for folks to make out.I`ll wait and see before I say what it is.

  4. #4JonesBros2009-06-14 17:49

    Here's my G First one I started out on, still the one I run.

  5. #5Finish Blademan2009-06-15 06:24

    She`s in real good shape Jones.You can`t beat an old G. Nothing like one I have ever seen when it comes to finishing.

  6. #6stock2009-06-15 16:56

    To all the grader gurus while on a site visit I saw this any idea what it is besides it being a grader

  7. #7tippatone2009-06-15 17:43

    That looks like a wheel dozer. If I am wrong don't kill me I am a noob to heavy equipment, im just trying to absorb as much as I can from all you guys.

  8. #8Super Roel2009-06-15 18:38

    MBU Motorgaders . MBU was a German Motorgrader and roadroller factory , and was later takeover by Bomag of HBM. She made compactgraders , G3 G4 G5 G6 and G130a , G3 and G4 ware 4x2 machines G5 and G6 ware 4x4 machines and the G 130a was a 6x6 machine and there was a little mining grader .I hope this wil inform you .

  9. #9JonesBros2009-06-15 23:32

    She's in good shape when it comes to appearance Back during this last run for the state I didn't think she would last by the starter deciding it wanted to drag like heck and the transfer (so me and the members of the board here agree on) pump getting weaker and weaker. We couldn't afford to stop it for one day. You've had your hands on quite the selection of fine levers yourself! My main gripe about the G, the way you shift gears. I wish it was like a newer grader with the one lever and you shifted by hitting it side to side but..that was out of its time, other than that I love it! Me and my brother was just talking about the Caterpillar decal in the front glass made up of dots (like in backhoes and in the 12H in your pic) and I was wondering if that was a factory item or did you add that in? I'd love to have one when I repaint her either this year or next year

  10. #10Finish Blademan2009-06-16 06:11

    Mornin Jones.I hate to hear your old girl is showing her age a bit.You know even now I still catch myself trying to shift the old G when I`m in a new blade.Amazing what your early learning tends to stay with you. The decals on the front window are standard if I`m not mistaken.I am certain you could buy one from Holt. My 140 h I ran when I was a daily blademan had them as well.It was a used machine with a 1000 hours on it.The company I worked for at the time bought it as the third blade we had when we picked up the job it was on for the government at Fort Hood.We paid the blade off in 9 months on that job I was told. Where is Farnham?I was born in Tazewell county in the sothwest end of the state.

  11. #11JonesBros2009-06-16 21:12

    Yeah, but we've got probably a whole year of nothing but maintenance to do since the state just shut us off, so she'll be in tip top shape again once I get through with her. I'm going to try and add one of those sun blockers to the list :cool2 I can't remember how many hours was on our G when we bought it back heck 8-9 years ago, I want to say in the low 3000, she tripped 10K sometime last year. Still going strong, uses no oil, just has some small bugs. Farnham is on the western part of the main state. Its between the Potomac & Rappahannock River on the up most peninsula. Real peaceful quiet town, however there are 4 excavation companies packed in a 10 mile stretch ointhead Take it easy!

  12. #12bigrus2010-06-21 06:13

    Irrigation head ditch maintenance Some other type of blade work. Smooth & easy without rocks. Winter in Australia

  13. #13JDOFMEMI2010-06-21 11:48

    Is it an old Gallion?