Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone Seen Pictures of the Proposed LeTourneau T-3320 Ultrahauler?

Dayton3 ยท 2009-03-19 21:52

In the books "LeTourneau Earthmovers" and "Ultrahaulers", a proposed giant dump truck design by LeTourneau was mentioned. The proposed T-3320 (320 tons with a possibility of upgrade to 400 tons) was presented at MINExpo 92 with a flat side view display. The proposed truck was described as being a three axle truck similar in look to the 350 ton Titan 33-19. But instead of a forward axle for steering and two rear axles with dual wheels on each for load carrying, the T-3320 was supposed to have two FORWARD axles for steering with single mount tires and a SINGLE rear axle with dual wheels. I've read it attracted a great deal of attention so I always wanted to know what the proposed truck might've looked like.

Replies2
  1. #1cat4ever2009-03-24 06:01

    I haven't seen them But, as we are talking about new designs, I've come upon these pictures of a Belaz 7570. Two double-mounted axels and articulated chassis. I think they're awesome, but if ever in production, don't know really how well would they fare.

  2. #2Dayton32009-03-24 12:36

    I saw those a few years ago. Wasn't the display at MINExpo 04? IIRC, the BelAz 7570 was to be rated for 465 short tons. Which with a standard 10% overload would give it about 510 ton capability.