Do you guys think that the PerformancePlus body would've fared well if it was to be offered on the market? And if so, exactly what kind of loads it would've been suited best for? Personally, I love the looks of it. I can only imagine a 793D PerformancePlus bodied with a full load, dusted and all, crawling its way up from the shovel!
what is its overall purpose? It looks cool and all but what is it suppose to do for the truck as opposed to a regular dump body?
I thought those bodies were only to reduce noise , like an XQ(extra quiet) body??
All of sudden I'm craving waffles Is that a wieght saving design?
waffle type box We never sold the very Large trucks but we use to weld in strips of steel inside the box so when unloading the material would have too roll out and not slide these were 777 trucks and this would make the boxes last longer thanks the BIG D
I think they ended up going with the MSD II boxes instead due to manufacturing costs.
Manufacturing cost due to the complexity was i think the killer in the end, it would have translated to higher maintenance cost in the field to i think, plus the X body was another brainchild at the time and it got the runs on the board it seemed
what was the whole point of it?