I've been on the hunt for a recreational use brush cutter. Primary use will be mowing established trails, horse lots, and various other odds and ends a few times a year. I know Ritchie Brothers sells a lot of cheap Chinese brand cutters and noticed they have slowed down on JCT branded items and started moving more ALL STAR branded items. Does anyone know if they are basically the same cutters? Theres a few different companies out there that make replacement parts for the JCT, and I was curious if they crossed over to the All Star brand. The 80in cutter sure has my attention!
I to am in the market for a cutter but I decided it would be better to wait for a used brand name, that works. I rented a cheap Chinese cutter for a day and decided I would be better with a weed wacker with a blade or my bush hog on the back of my Kubota, as it would have been more productive. That damn Chinese cutter is a rental, so they can charge everyone for all the crappy welds to break. Just junk.
After some digging, I found that All-star are made in north carolina and seem to be of decent quality! At least a lot better than the cheap chinese stuff!
Like Carolina Bandsaws ? I'll wager the gearbox is Chinese.
The reviews on the AllStar cutters are pretty good and they use Omni gearboxes.
Omni is made in China.....
Think we have determined by now, that being made in China, is not always a bad thing.