Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Anyone used RHINO LINERS in Dump BOx?

znowybird ยท 2007-04-29 22:24

I was curious if anyone has had experience with the rhino liner in a dump box or other area for equipment. the warranty seems good and it would certainly stop the rust in the box for probably less than a 1500$. Thought it might stop sticking loads too... thanks, adam

Replies3
  1. #1nedly052007-04-30 05:33

    Hey Znowybird, Welcome to HEF :drinkup While I think that a Rhino liner might help protect your box, I think materials like topsoil or fine sand may stick to it in the corners. I am not sure that I would want one in my truck.:my2c

  2. #2surfer-joe2007-04-30 11:33

    Rhino Liners Some folks here may have had some success with spray-on liners in a dump box, but I never have. The liner does add weight, lowering what you can haul. It doesn't stand up well to hot asphalt, if you ever haul any of that. Most of the Rhino liners I've seen have a rough surface texture, sure to grip wet sand and clay or loam. If you get a torn spot or one where the liner doesn't stick well, the liner starts to developed a bubble and continues to tear. It will at least stop you from seeing any rust in the bed. But other than a bit of rust, there is no good reason to line a bed unless you are hauling certain exceptional loads. Some folks have installed liners made from sheets of slippery materials, but from what I've heard and read, these don't work out well unless that one material is all you transport. These liner materials tend to break where they are fastened in and eventually dump out with the load. Good Luck!

  3. #3Countryboy2007-04-30 19:40

    Welcome to HEF znowybird! :drinkup