I rebuilt all cylinder and hoses and engine and transmission. Shuttle was in the rebuild process when the flood hit . The flood has burnt me out I’ve dump 12k in the thing is would have been mint when Done . Guessing new engine and shuttle or maybe taken engine apart and clean . Was a amazing backhoe before I fixed leaks hasn’t been worked on after flood.
Fresh water? I know of a pre computer 90s Case backhoe that was flooded for about a week in what we believed was fresh water. It sold for $5000.00 at a Norfolk Southern auction. Buyer drained everything. refilled and went to work with it. Last I heard it was all still going.
If it's free, well give me two weeks to clean up these free grain bins I gotten, take a rest and I will grab the trailer and head your way to pick it up.
Drain the shuttle, 4 speed transmission and differential and refill them. Do not try to turn the engine crankshaft until you remove the fuel injectors. Then turn it expel all the water. Drain the oil out of the motor and leave the drain on the pan open. Remove the valve covers and use a garden sprayer full of diesel fuel to wash it down. Drain the fuel tank and put clean fuel in it. Prolly should remove the starting motor and clean it out with compressed air. Leave the injector lines off until you get clean fuel out of the them. You should get many years of use out of it.
on machines that have had contamination issues, i use the cheapest appropriate oil i can, run it for a short time(say 1/2 hour), and then drain and put in better oil. then if all is good, give it another fluid change at about 25 hours and it should be good
Both of those are very good starts. I really like how you guys step up. I was involved in recovering a 220 Cummins in a tugboat that went under salt water. It was the same kind of thing except we pulled everything that was electrical and took it to an overhaul shop and the pump. Salt water is a whole other issue.
I drain the oil Already fuel tank seems to have came out out I screwed the Expanding plug fuel cap pretty good. Hide system was fully sealed and has brand new fluid in it since I completely took everything apart and cleaned it before the flood. Long story short I’m kind of being forced to sell my land and house don’t know if I’ll have time to work on the case with trying to move and do everything else. willing to offer it up on here free to Anyone or small donation if you’d like to give when you see how destroyed my place is . It will have to be move in a month or two before I don’t have land anymore. I have two friends that want it but not sure if they will be able to take it . I hate to see it get scraped
It’s all fresh water and zip will be near 97801. The shuttle was taken out taken apart and has all new parts for it in a box but was in the shop when the shop flooded out I just don’t have the time to accomplish everything I want to do
I bet it will still be a great machine but with no land I don’t really have a use for it
What Tinkerer said below.
I realize you are in a dire situation, bigrich. But be patient. Don't you have anywhere you could take it short term ? You can put cage bolts in the brake chambers in about ten minutes and release the brakes so you can move it, even if it doesn't run. I would buy it from you if you were closer. I would store it and get it running for you for FREE , if you could get to my place. .
Youtube has several videos of a guy that buys sunken boats for pennies that cost millions. He salvages the engines. The key is keeping the engine filled with water or diesel to prevent rust. Keep the air out. Drain only when ready to restore to operation..