Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

AO Lite Chinese Loader transmission oil level

Iowasteve · 2024-11-02 19:03

I have this Chinese wheel loader. Cummins engine (4cyl), unknown transmission. It has a sight glass for oil level in the trans. Any idea if the level should be checked running, or not running. There is a substantial difference in oil level running vs not running. Many thanks in advance

Replies2
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-11-03 10:17

    I say trans oil level should be about half way in the sight glass with it running. The output shaft bearings need to be flooded with oil.

  2. #2Iowasteve2024-11-03 13:59

    That’s what I’m thinking (and what I’ve been doing). If I fill to half when running it fills all the way past the top of the sight glass after sitting for a few hours. I suppose oil draining back out of torque converter? I’m not real sure exactly how this trans operates.