Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Are Brakes on Allis Chalmers 816 Backhoe same as Any othe Brand?

duramax-rob ยท 2010-11-18 12:20

I have an old Allis Chalmers Backhoe 816 and all the brake shoes and hardware are removed from the right rear axle. I was wondering if any other brand might have the same axle so that I can find used the parts I need, which is all of it on that side. I appriciate any help. Thanks Rob

Replies4
  1. #1Phil2010-11-19 18:45

    An AC backhoe is vary rare around here. I was thinking that at least one AC farm tractor model would have a similar brake set-up, and that may be a starting point. Some tractor wreckers are very good at parts recognition, perhaps e-mailing pictures and dimensions might meet with success; maybe posting the pictures here also. Phil

  2. #2duramax-rob2010-11-20 09:48

    Thanks for the reply. I'll do that soon. Too many relatives and too many thankgivings dinners to go to out of town right now Rob

  3. #3mitch5042010-11-20 12:12

    This is the new OEM parts source for A-C. http://www.minnpar.com/

  4. #4duramax-rob2013-12-21 12:22

    I recently found out that on an AC 816 Backhoe that the rear axle is almost all 5 ton military Parts and is a rockwell rear end.