Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

New WD600-6

coalrulz ยท 2011-01-05 20:46

A New Wheel Dozer almost ready to hit the DIRT

Replies10
  1. #1Tigerotor77W2011-01-06 20:07

    Huh -- I admit I don't think I've ever seen a WD600 before. Are they common?

  2. #2coalrulz2011-01-06 20:19

    Fairly common, mining and large construction use them. 23 litre engine, approx 100000lbs and about 17 foot wide blade. This is by no means a large one for mining, they go up to much bigger than this one. But it was fun getting together and out the door.

  3. #3cps2011-01-07 13:29

    Hi there coalrulz, nice machine, whats the hydraulic hoses for at the rear? A ripper??

  4. #4coalrulz2011-01-07 15:47

    cps, the hoses are for a winch on a trailer that can be towed behind machine.

  5. #5alco2011-01-08 20:17

    I believe you could call the WD600 somewhat rare. I don't think Komatsu doesn't even list it in their product line, I believe it's a made to order machine. We run a few wheel dozers, but have opted for larger machines from Cat.

  6. #6coalrulz2011-01-08 21:48

    alco, actually if you go to Komatsu America's site they have it listed at the end of the loader line up. Komatsu used to offer a WD900 but I did not see it listed on there equipment line-up.

  7. #7alco2011-01-09 02:05

    That's interesting, last time I looked, I couldn't find it, thanks for the heads up.

  8. #8JDOFMEMI2011-01-12 00:27

    Looks a little better than the old dash 1 machines I have. They are a horse though.

  9. #9jared2011-01-26 04:10

    Here's a couple of oldies alco...

  10. #10hootsmcgoots2011-04-20 17:40

    There are 3 WD600-6's at a local power plant around here. One has 20000+ hrs and not a days trouble out of any of them.