Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ASV “green” turf tracks?

texascadillac42 ยท 2008-09-04 14:37

A customer of mine (tree trimming service) just bought an ASV RC-50 to move trees and brush from the jobsites to his chippers and chip-box trucks. He sort of bought the machine on a whim and is now concerned with how much damage it is doing to yards. He used to use a Bobcat MT55 with minimal damage to yards compared to the ASV, which is no surprise. His machine has the standard tracks, and he was asking me about the green turf tracks that ASV offers. I dont know much of anything about them, and figured someone here might be able to tell me if they are worth the money, or if any aftermarket suppliers also offer them. Thanks for any help.

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies5
  1. #1Digdeep2008-09-04 17:25

    I own a RC50 too and it has been a great machine. It is better on turf than all of the other tracked machines. I don't own a set of turf tracks (I would love to though) but I do know someone who has them on his RC60 and I have seen how they work on grass. All I can say that it is unbelievable how gentle they are. They allow him to work with hardly any scuffing and no ripping. I hope this helps.

  2. #2Big Dazzler2008-09-05 19:41

    My RC30 has the standard tracks and does not damage turf if going in a straight line, turning it scuffs but much less than a wheeled machine. Having seen the turf tracks they would be fine for turf, but they dont look like they would like to run on anything sharp or rough at all. cheers

  3. #3jimmyjack2008-09-05 21:05

    this speaks for its self http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DULRjWtjj2g

  4. #4texascadillac422008-09-06 14:34

    Yea that video is pretty amazing. Compared to what a machine with standard tracks does, or a wheeled machine, its incredible

  5. #5tmc_312008-09-13 13:35

    Wow, That's awsome. I wonder if anybody makes a "turf track" retrofit that will fit over the tires on my LX565 wheeled skid loader? Tim