Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ASV RC 30 with Cat 3013 engine…

DIYDAVE ยท 2015-11-22 21:00

Been a while since I been here, haven't had much to complain about, I suppose. Have an engine question, Cat 3013 (3 cyl, 31.4 HP), A/R 177-9706, Serial # 4XD00805. It is leaking across the top of the injector pump, looks like across all 3 outgoing lines, at the plate, that holds them. You can pump the primer bulb, with the engine not running, and see the leak. When machine is running, the bulb is hard, and there is just barely a seep, if it's not just leftover diesel, from it leaking, while not running. Questions I have: Anyone have the R&R instructions? I plan on removing, having the pump rebuilt (local rebuilder says $100/hole), and then re-installing it. I understand this pump is timed by how many shims there are, between the pump, and the housing. Any fear of it changing the timing, just from a R&R? Machine has 2000 hrs on it. Torque values for the bolts to block? Any tips? Thanks for any info, I can't find a manual for this motor, and don't trust the manual sellers (often out of the country) who want $260 for it. Cat doesn't seem to be too user friendly, on motors that aren't in their machines...:Banghead:Banghead

Replies5
  1. #1Cmark2015-11-23 00:00

    The pump is easy to remove. Undo the four nuts and/or bolts and lift it up. Once it's clear by maybe 1/2", you will see a linkage fastened to the rack with a tiny R clip. Remove the clip and linkage and then the pump will lift out. If the same pump is reinstalled, the timing should be the same so reuse the same shims. When the shims are new, they usually have a thin plastic coating as a sealer. If it looks like it needs it, use a thin smear of gasket sealer on the old shims.

  2. #2Swannny2015-11-23 07:32

    Long time no see, Dave! You can get the service manual on-line via several different sites - just google ASV RC30 service manual download. Hope all else is well!

  3. #3DIYDAVE2015-11-23 20:03

    Hey Swanny, good to hear from ya. Still up in hoco? Thought I saw an article about you, or the boy, in a skid steer rodeo, or sumthin... All's well as it can be, I guess... I already have the manuals for the ASV, but they don't cover the engine, and cat doesn't seem to wanna return any calls. I got a friend in their rebuild facility, and he's workin on it for me, and the consensus is, that the pump R&R ain't too bad...:drinkup

  4. #4DIYDAVE2015-11-27 21:54

    UPDATE: Was searching Ebay, for parts, came across a listing that said a Perkins 403D-15 engine is the one that will fit in an ASV RC30. Took that search to google, and came up with a PDF of that engine. Just finished copying that manual, for the cost of half a stack of paper... THink I'm gonna tackle that injector pump, on Sunday...

  5. #5DIYDAVE2015-11-29 20:30

    Got the pump out, took an hour and a half. Most of that was stud removal, one was a stubborn bugger. Pump kept hanging up and had side pressure manual don't tell you to wiggle the rack lever, to the right of pump, to allow you to pull it up... I won the battle, in the end, though...