Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat 520 hydraulic fluid type?

jtketch ยท 2015-11-23 20:28

The manual says use 10w-40 we motor oil. Is this correct???

Replies4
  1. #1crewchief8882015-11-24 15:54

    as of 7 or 8 years ago, bobcat no longer recommends the use of engine oil in hydraulic systems.... :drinkup

  2. #2jtketch2015-11-26 19:05

    Thanks for reply. I have never heard of using motor oil in hydraulic system. This old machine still works well though, is a universal type hyd. fluid suitable or should I run a specific hyd. fluid?

  3. #3CatToy2015-11-26 20:19

    Not uncommon for older machines, my 1998 JD skid steer owners manual recommended 10w30 motor oil for all oils (engine, hydraulics, chain drive). JD dealer recommended I use JD HY-Gard for the hydraulics.

  4. #4Rentalstop2015-11-26 22:58

    Buddy of mine says sunbelt runs motor oil in their hydraulic systems. Oil is oil to a certain extent. I have run motor oil in older units with minor leaks. I use the hitachi oil in my new Deere mini exs. I run AW-46 hydro in my three bobcat skids.