Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Ford carb kit.

Old Doug ยท 2015-11-22 09:56

I dont have the carb numbers wright now i will post them monday but i was ask to rebuild a carb on a very small Gehl skid steer that has a Ford engine with a zenith carb. It is a down draft carb. I have tryed every were to find a kit with no luck. Is there a carb i can get to replace this one? Its a 4cylinder ford i would say around 100cid.

Replies4
  1. #1d9gdon2015-11-22 10:43

    Need that Zenith number to help. The Cat pony motors used a TU downdraft carb that I'm familiar with, like this: http://www.carbkitsource.com/carbs/kits/CK927.htm

  2. #245102015-11-23 19:58

    My 98CID ford in my Gehl 4510 had Zenith model 33 Carb on it. I got a kit at carbs unlimited for $55 :-/ Carbsonly has them for $62. This Ford always seemed like carb problems, but I never got it running right until I switched to flame thrower electronic ignition. Hope you figure it out.

  3. #3OFF2015-11-24 17:54

    one of these guys should be able to help you out. http://www.zenithfuelsystems.com/dealers.htm

  4. #4Old Doug2015-12-08 21:08

    I tryed a zenith dealer in MO first he made carb kits. He was very noligable and told me things about carb problems i had never thought about before but he wanted $150.00 for a kit. I ended up ordering one from carbs unlimited for around $50.00 it seems almost to easy after all the problems i have had so will see. Thanks for every ones help.