Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

ASV RC vs SR model

housemover ยท 2015-05-12 22:32

What is the difference between the SR and RC. I am looking at a RC 85 and a SR80. I see the Spec differences on ritchie specs, but what are the ones i can't see. Different track systems? Also i read ASV's will only take ASV attachments. Is this true

Replies4
  1. #1Digdeep2015-05-12 23:19

    The SR80 was a newer model with a better cab and an excavator style door. I'm pretty sure it had a Mitsubishi 3.3L engine and an operating capacity around 3k lbs. The RC85 was an older model with an older cab. I think it had an operating capacity of around 3500lbs and used a Cat 4.4L engine. Completely different undercarriages. The SR80 undercarriage is much more durable and uses metal face seals.

  2. #2housemover2015-05-13 07:35

    Thats the answer i was looking for. Its much appreciated. Do you have an input on the attachment comment i read. Im sure their universal like others

  3. #3movindirt2015-05-13 13:45

    The only ASV that has a different attachment plate is the little PT/RC 30's, all the rest use a standard universal attachment plate. I know our RC-100 even with a 160hp Cummins engine in it is still sluggish turning, I can only imagine how horribly slow the old RC85's would be ointhead

  4. #4housemover2015-05-13 14:15

    I read that a out the attachment plate in another thread, i didnt think it was true. Thanks