This is a copy paste from my Facebook posting.... So as the story always goes.....I'm in the middle of doing a job for the neighbor, and the machine (2006 RC 30) starts making an awful grinding/ratcheting sound, and it won't turn to the right. I was able to limp it home and start assessing the situation....the left drive cage was hot to the touch, and the right one was much cooler, great I'm thinking a bearing has gone out. I get the track off, and have tried to get the cage off, but what I have on my machine doesn't match up with the manual I have (downloaded from TLP). I tried pulling the outer bearing off using a puller on the flange with the square holes, but all that did was start bending the flange. Can anyone guide me to getting this cage removed? It has a very short bolt in the recessed cup which I've removed, but I'm just not sure what to do and where to go from here. Also you will notice that the rollers have two washers on either side, and I'm pretty sure that's not correct. You can see the track lugs have been rubbing on the housing, and I noticed that the track isn't running centered on the roller wheels. I'm going to remove those washers and hopefully get the track running centered again. What do you guy's think
No replies yet.