So anybody seen a ATD w/ a hooklift bed? I have a pasture and a side hill to clear of sandstone boulders. Size small to huge. Huge being 2 story house sized, small being 1-4 ton models. Going the cheap route and using a stone boat will not work because there is a paved road in the way. And I'd have to move alot of dirt to make a landing large enough to load without crossing the road... Now in the pasture you could get around with a med. wheel loader, the hillside is track machine work. So i thought that if i could get a atd with a hook lift i could roll the boulders in with my deere 450c trackloader for the smallish ones and use a neighbors 973 for the medium ones, the large ones will have to be split to be moved, any ideas? I know, you all want pics, sorry dont have any of them of that area...
I haven´t seen any hook lift fitted ADT´s, but there are plenty of hook lift agricultural trailers to choose from. A 300+ hp tractor with the right trailer can do the work of an ADT or a triaxle for that matter when it comes to low speed short distance hauling. Can you find or make use of a tractor and trailer setup for this job?
Wow, never seen one of them before, but you guys across the pond farm with different stuff. It acutally looks like it would work, and I already have a tractor, not a brand new fendt, but it does the job. I can already thing of several other uses for a trailer like that. Who makes them?
There are a few manufacturers. I just did a quick google search and found this: http://www.stronga.com/hookloada I´m not endorsing stronga. I don´t know anything about them.
Wow those are neat. Wonder if there is any place in the US that has something like that.
Well to expand on the original subject Bell (Deere ADTs) does make hooklift ADTs. Hell, they even make a rear-load trash truck ADT to for some reason. If someone really wanted the biggest awd hook in the states and had enough money i bet bell would send one over in deere colors. For what your doing anything more than a good construction trailer would be overkill. Joskin, Krampe, and Fliegl all sell trailers in north america, but i can't find websites for Krampe or Fliegl specifically for our region. Fliegl does make true construction trailers, but i don't think they sell them in NA. http://joskinusa.com/ http://www.krampe.de/produkte/index.php?lang=en http://www.fliegl-baukom.de/content/index.cfm/fuseaction/610,dsp,0,3,0,0,0,0,Brochure-Download.html
What about a cut down truck hook lift? towed by your tractor. Stock
i don't think that an on-road unit would last very long bouncing over old log roads. For it to possibly work the road tires would have to be changed to off road, 10 ply heavy duty traction tires it a minimum. Thats my inital thoughts
Most of the joskin and equipment shown above are supplied with remoulded lorry tyres super singles I believe .
Some more hooklifts you all liked!
gee that tipper ram ain't half exposed in the first picture.
ADT have been adapted to hook lifts. At least one landfill here in the UK was having its deliverys by hook lift bins so had a few Volvo A25's fitted with hook loader gear to take the bins tip side and leave the on road trucks on the road. Here you go. http://www.mascus.co.uk/Constructio...ges/55f38a39-a06f-4a1d-b21b-3fc37f8877aa.html
thanks atlas, I knew they were around somewhere...