Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Auger for Mini Excavator

DeadMoo ยท 2020-06-05 22:20

Hi, I'm looking at getting an auger for my Kubota K008 1 ton excavator (5.55 gpm flow) and have so far come across the following and wondering if anyone has experiences with them. Looking to use this for 4x4 ( 8" auger bit) and 6x6 (10" auger bit) fence posts going 4' down. Auger Torque x1100-13 Belltec LC150 Premier MD06PD Baumalight RC442 I believe they're all single pin attachment, how unstable might that be? Should I look to spend an additional $600-700 for a cradle or 2 pin attachment? Thanks, James

Replies2
  1. #1KSSS2020-06-06 00:08

    5.5 gpm is not a lot of flow. I am curious what the gpm is set at on excavator. I would guess the ground would have to be pretty forgiving to get much production out of that.

  2. #2DeadMoo2020-06-10 10:18

    It will be a slow turn about 50 RPM but should be fine for what I need it to do, post holes in backyards in the city here.