I bought a zx75 which is basically a 442 bobcat. It has a hydraulic thumb and another set of aux. hydraulics. Both sets run threw a block with a valve on it. The valve shuts off the bucket cylinder when you switch it. Is this the way it's suppose to be? I was hoping it switched the thumb off so I could run a jackhammer or post auger on it. Am I missing something?
Switch the hoses ? Valve, or 2 valves mine has 2 feed & return. But also a full flow valve I have to switch to run a hammer in my case a wood spliter.
Typically the valve open would allow for the thumb to run, close it and it should shut the thumb off and allow the aux. hyd to function an you have to function the single or dual direction valve. Mine is located by the cab and its mechanical. Assuming that its used, maybe someone routed the bucket cylinder lines through the block for some reason. Can you post a pic of the stick showing the valve body and associated plumbing?