Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Auxiliary Hydraulic piping kit

nihon_reform ยท 2013-08-05 09:46

Hi, I have a Komatsu PC50UU-MR2. The excavator wasn't set up for a breaker so I had to get an auxiliary hydraulic kit. Interestingly, the manufacture I bought the kit from (pics attached) doesn't know how the parts are assembled on the machine. They suggested that I have it installed by a professional, but I can't afford to do that. Can anyone provide me a auxiliary hydraulic kit installation manual or even pictures of an excavator with auxiliary lines set up for a hydraulic breaker (including pics of the controller valve connections). Ideally, it would be for a PC50/45/40 but in lieu of that, any excavator would do. An additional question: do excavators come with extra/empty control valves so you can 'easily' hook up extra lines to or are they only equipped with the minimal number of control valves? Thanks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1Lil' Puss2013-08-05 10:59

    I'm guessing that your valve stack may have an extra valve for operating a DA cylinder, not sure what the requirements of your breaker is though. From the pics it looks like a foot valve, a pair of shut off valves, a bunch of pipe & hangers, and hoses. Is that all?

  2. #2nihon_reform2013-08-05 21:49

    Those are all the parts I got. Should be enough to get me to/from the breaker I'd expect. Is there anyone out there who can provide an installation manual or pics with auxiliary lines installed?

  3. #3willie592013-08-05 22:17

    Welcome to HEF nihon_reform. :usa As they say around these parts, you're in a pickle. I'm surprised that the supplier of the kit did not include some specific install instructions as I assume that kit is specific to the PC50UUMR-2. Not likely that kit and all its hoses would work on something like, say, an IHI 35N. I would be disappointed to the point of sending it all back, get my money back, and find a different kit supplier. But if you have no choice than to proceed by using this kit, you better get ready to really stress your brain getting all the info you need. I can't say for certain on your machine, but many excavators of the size you describe do already have the auxilliary hyd valve in the main valve chest. If it does happen to be there, you'll have to figure out on which side of the valve control to plumb the foot pedal for single acting control as that looks like a single acting foot pedal provided by the kit supplier. Additionally, if your machine does have the existing aux control valve, you'll have to check if it has the port relief fitted. Many times machines that are built with aux valve in the chest, but do not have the factory aux piping option on the boom, they don't install the port relief valve/valves. As for the foot pedal, it has to get its pilot system supply from the valve that is operated by the safety lever in the cab, that way when the safety lever is up the breaker cannot be operated, just like with the joystick levers. If you have a good relationship with your local Komatsu dealer they should be able to provide you with some info of where connections should be made. Even though it's an aftermarket aux kit, given the maker of the kit provided no info, Komatsu dealer is going to be your best hope for some info. Best of luck.