Hello everyone, thanks for taking the time to read this post. I have an old L-785 big old workhorse! I finally got the funds to buy a grapple bucket for it.. I installed it and here is what happens... When I engage the aux hydraulics to open the jaws I can't tilt the bucket and when the jaws are fully open I can hear the machine start to bypass. Then when I disengage the aux hydraulics, everything functions normal, but the jaws slowly start to drop under their own weight. So I constantly have to recharge them to keep the jaws open and out of the way. Is this normal or should they maintain pressure in the circuit and keep the jaws open when the aux hydraulics aren't engaged? Thanks A Lot! Ben
Sounds like a leaky circuit relief in th aux section or a bad grapple cylinder.A pressure gauge can tell you a lot.
:iagree
Did you get it fixed? I just got a L785, and don't have a aux accessory, yet also did you have to change out the fittings? The ones on the machine seem awe full big.