Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

B95TC New Holland variable flow pump issues

OhGreat ยท 2018-10-25 21:38

Hello, I have a B95TC New Holland backhoe that's a 2015 with just under 1000hrs. I bought this machine strictly for farm work and it was a demo machine that went across NA or so I'm told. Bought in late 2016 for reference. I thought my machine had a gear pump in it because I would always need to rev up the engine speed to get faster hydraulics. I was told by the dealership when I brought up the issue the first winter I had it among other issues and they said it was normal, I don't remember if they said it was a gear pump or not. This year we've used it quite a bit and its having an issue where at idle if I raise both stabilizers it stalls the engine. If I raise one full at idle it bogs the engine down. So I looked through google tonight for pictures after seeing a document that said pilot controlled b95c's have variable flow pumps, found what each pump looks like and looked. It has a variable flow pump. My understanding is that load sensing if I ask for full boom down on the loader it should go faster than if I tilt the control slightly. I guess best way to explain it is John Deere, Cat, I've noticed that the engine rpm increases when you move the controls faster. Currently I need to put the engine at redline to get faster hydraulics and there is no change in engine rpm. I could be completely wrong about this and that's why I'm here. The other issue that leads me to believe there is something wrong is that, on a hot/humid day when the machine has been sitting I start it and have no gauge cluster and engine revs to 1500rpm. I have to shutdown the engine and remove the panel and take out one of the control plugs/replug and it starts working again. Its had the hydraulic oil changed but I haven't done it myself personally. I have changed the oil and fuel filters, cleaned air filters. I'm no expert, this is my first backhoe. Thanks, sorry for wall of text.

Replies1
  1. #1mikebramel2018-10-26 14:08

    If the cut off on the pump is set higher than the relief valve you have the potential to do that