Been doing my hw on old backhoes. Need one for farm chores/hired jobs. It would do anything imaginable. Stumps, land clearing, electric/plumbing/foundation work, you name it. What can y’all tell me? I’m eyeing a 710b John Deere. What do I need to know about that generation of John Deere backhoes (310 and up) and any of its competitors. Comparisons, pros/cons, experiences, feature comparisons, etc. Which ones are strong and reliable? How hard to add aux hydraulics for say a 4in1 or a thumb? And don’t be shy, I am a workaholic on the farm and with jobs and I love learning about this stuff and wanna make the best purchase I can. Thanks for the replies, and humoring my young curiosity.
I ran a 710 b for about 13000 hrs real beast. The only thing I rember being a problem was the pins that go through the swing cylinders. I like all the John Deers we had 410g‘s 510c’s as long as you service them they’re gonna be good.
I have a backhoe attachment for my bobcat and it works great and leaves me with a machine that I can put other attachments on when the backhoe is not needed. Just my 2 cents.
Invest in a grease gun and it will go forever!