Just wondering what the going rate is in BC for a Backhoe by the hour?
in the uk its about £30
Thanks for the reply I was actualy curious what the rates were in the UK I have been to Scotland and England.
hey reaper whats the rate down there..and what is 30 pounds in canadian lol
it varies but the exchange is usually around 2- 2.5 to our dollar
Going rate in Ontario is 70hr and the old man's been getting 110hr with breaker or hoe pack. As far as I know guys are getting the same thing here in Alberta for a 310/580/420 sized machine.
jezz 70 an hr man thats cheap..85 here and up for a 580 i get 95 for the 590.how do you guys make it on 70 when fuels 100 a litre...lol i was getting 70 hr in 94
Crappy economy in Ontario. Out here no one runs backhoes hourly... they'd rather send an excavator.
If you can get 60 in these parts you are doing well
the economy here is going to crap also...the freaking p goverment wants to add 12%to our hourly and bid jops this june it will kill us ..half the mills are now closed..BUT we do have the olimpics lollol.they call it HST but thats not what i call it..cash is good
Cash is better than good, cash is KING:laugh
:drinkup
Ahhh the Harmonized Sales Tax..... I'll give ya 50 bucks to mention that around my old man.
We are getting HST here in Ontario starting in July. Imagine 13% tax on everything we buy or do. Going to be bad for the economy. I never thought about the small contractor, having to charge 13% on top of his rate, instead of 5%. Even more pressure now for both the customer and contractor to work with cash. Phil
ya i see a lot of cash jobs coming
are p goverment said there realy going to crack down on guys who do cash jops .....here it comes...
In today market i am lucky to get $65.00 a hour for my Case 580SE 4x4 w/ext hoe 4 years ago it was $85 a hour and no questions ask. But this is Michigan and there are guys out there working for a lot cheaper than that.
i dare to say samethings going to happen here also..but we shall see what this year brings soon enuff....OOOOOOOOOOOOOO to b a banker ururur
Out here in Saskatchewan, going rate right now is 80 per hour, but like anywhere else you have variances in price. The larger places charge up around 110 per hour, and some smaller guys charge 75 per hour (as of last years prices anyways).
lol, I wont start my machine for some one else for less than $100 an hr... then again, I'm ok with it sitting in my driveway!
In northern BC here the going rate is just over $90/hr. That's what I charge for my 426C when I charge out, but for the most part it gets used on our own jobs.
Things are really slowing down here. We were having a nice recovery in the housing sector, maybe it's the HST coming. That tax may really slow spending here in Ontario. I'm not sure how a customer would react when you give him a $1000 bill for backhoe work and then ask him to give another $130 to the government. Glad I'm not a small contractor. Phil
Hey, Phil. I live about 1 mile from Canada on the St. Clair River. I go to Sarnia once in awhile i know about your PST and the HST do you have to pay taxes on Services too?
My last gig the Lady about had a stroke when i told her $60 hr, lol, i ended up bidding it for her mad out "ok" still. good thing i don't do this to put food on the table like most you guy's,just a side hobby type thing for me.
$60.00 an hour here. I have guy that rents my hoe for neighborhood jobs. He gives me $30.00 an hour he keeps $30.00. Hell I know that doesn't even cover wear on the thing but he has a hauling business (2 dump trucks) and is damn near starving to death. So I let him use it to try and help feed his family.
Hey, Rockdog thats realie good of you to help out someone in need, and maybe when (if) things start to pickup again it will pay off for you. he can truck and you can dig for him ??
i get 75.00 an hour but for the guys that i have frequent work from is 500 a day plus 200 for the operator (me)
So you get that dave in you area? not too bad for this economy something is better then nothing but there is a limit for sure. i found out here giving them a set price gets more jobs vs they hear x amount and get sticker shock,you just need to know about how long a particular job will take and how hard your working your machine. i've got stung in the ass before but also made out good .
Here they charge $100.00/hr for the first hour just to show up and $80.00/hr additionally...no wonder I want my own...
It may be an investment to pick up your own like this Ford backhoe
Yea, Daman I know what you mean about gettting stung on bid jobs, so of the contractors i work with want a per hour price and a job price, they will use the per hour price if there are any extra on the job. But with home owners now its seem to be the "Lets make a Deal" you say u can do it for $XXX we will give you $XX the residental market is very tough these days, but i try not to trun down any work, but if they want the job for cheap i would pass, i don't need the pratice and the machine need to make some money for fuel and repairs.
Yup people don't realize the $ it takes to keep equipment rolling,new you have payments old you have repairs.
Working for large companies and operating their machines, it's easy to forget costs...General public has NO idea... Talked to guy down the valley about his 416CIT...He bought it like new but has had repairs and maintenance over the years... 20 grand to rebuild the transmission, 10 for front pins and bushings...Local JD dealer told me "you really don't want to have to pay us to do pins and bushings"...
Eeep, 13%, isn't going to cause much harmony! Hard to figure out too plus you still have a GST too of 5% I think. Courtesy of the last Australian Government there is 10% GST on all but a few things such as standard food, it's a lot of paperwork and reporting, at one time my Business was lodging 24 Tax returns per year plus the final one via the accountant, it's down to nine these days.
Yes that is right, I have another request from a neighbour to clear a fence over 1km in Blue Sandstone again now, it cuts tracks about really badly and they are all bedrock, huge and round, last time I put a premium on for the heavy wear he brought in other contractors for a couple of years. Never really make much with the contract after it's all said and done and my own jobs get overlooked, stirs up my tinnitus badly too, the old orops on my 1150D. :dizzy
Yes 13% tax on everything you buy and any service needed. GST and PST tax are combining to be called HST. PST hasn't been charged on services, gas, or a few other items in the past. The gasoline here will have another 8% tax put on it( the PST portion). It's already over 40% tax, so they are taxing their own tax . Good idea for making money. It's going to create a huge underground in the service sector. I feel for the owner operator trying to do jobs for private individuals. Now people will shop around to find someone to do it for cash. The guy trying to run his business honestly will have a 13% handicap. Maybe I'm wrong. Phil
the honest guys is now going to go broke plain and simpile