Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Backhoe theft

aighead ยท 2020-10-26 13:03

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...a-town-digging-biden-harris-campaign-n1244750 I think this skirts the line of involving politics, as that is not my point... This story is silly and luckily nothing serious was damaged. There is a person in the story asking about the ability for this guy, who claimed he was drunk, to operate a backhoe and be ok at it while drunk. The guy said "He claimed he was drunk, but if he was drunk could he steal and drive a tractor right up here to this area, that's a predominantly Black area? Operating the backhoe like a normal person?" I'll answer, from my own, safe(ish) experience, and say absolutely you (he) can. I don't drink and hoe like crazy and certainly never, like, blackout drunk, but I've had several beers or a few bourbons and hopped on, and could without a doubt, knock over a fence, some political signs, and a speed limit sign. Oh yeah, the bottom of the article has "CORRECTION: The original version of this story incorrectly described the machine that was allegedly stolen: the machine was a front-end loader with a backhoe arm, not a bulldozer." Funny, when I saw just a small picture of the machine the first thing I said was that's not a bulldozer. God love the heavy machine operators that I'm sure point that out. And maybe also mentioning it in the sense that it was not another "Killdozer" type event. Don't drink and drive kids.

Replies0

No replies yet.