Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bailer twine and bottom rollers

CatSkinner77V ยท 2013-01-06 13:42

So I recently did a large clean up of an old cattle farm near treherne mb. And I knew what I was getting myself into, but knowing that to do a proper job of it it was going to be a huge project lasting me well into this winter. I did 3/4s of the toughest slugging like I always do first on any project, massive willow tree rows, thick oak stands, manure pile clean up and hauling. But the corporation we were working (large potato farm) said they had spent enough money and shut us down just as we got into the easy going work of light bush and ridge pushing. Now I set my hourly rates alittle lower because of the scope of this project and I wavered any transportation costs as well. So end of the story is now I have 3 D8s and a 270 hitachi with more than 50 percent of the bottom rollers leaking oil because of the bailer twine that got wrapped into the seals and don't get to finish the project. Talk about a **** off. Anyone else have this problem with nylon bailer twine??

Replies5
  1. #1hardtail2013-01-06 14:41

    Twine and fence wire are killers.........

  2. #2Bob/Ont2013-01-06 15:44

    Where you working for the Potato/Vodka King? Later Bob

  3. #3mitch5042013-01-06 16:56

    Nylon baler twine is the bane of my existence.:cussing

  4. #4Dualie2013-01-06 20:07

    somtimes you gamble and loose, i feel your pain.

  5. #5John C.2013-01-06 20:46

    I worked at a land fill once and what was worse were mattress springs. They not only get the rollers but also the sprocket seals as well.