I'm looking at 450a Bantam Iwould like to find a manuel for it to see if what I think is wrong with it is right thanks Jeff
I have a manual for a C450 1967 vintage Bantam. I don't know the difference between C450 and a C450A. Someone wrote C450A on my manual. If this manual will work let me know what part of the machine you are looking at and I will see if I can scan them and post the pages. If you buy this machine a manual is priceless
While on the subject of Manuals for Bantams, would any one happen to have a manual for a C350 Bantam? Not sure of the year but it's a C350 s/n 9093. The crane is in good condtion but won't steer one way.
The serial number of my C450 is 937 so it is on the old side of a lot of Bantams. If yours is mechanical and not hydraulic I would bet it is the same as mine or similar. Maybe just smaller?????? Does your house swing mechanically?
Yes it is mechanical that is it's problem It swings right but not left I would like to buy this. I had C35 bantam dragline 15 years ago nice small machine. I'm wating for the owner to make up his mind. when he does i will thry to pm you thanks Jeff
Tracknut, how are the linings in the drum for the right side? I used to have a C450 and it wouldn't swing one way and was very weak the other way. Relining the shoes fixed that problem. I just took the shoes out and took them to Napa and they relined them for a very reasonable price. The linkage is also adjustable, there is a tapered cone on the shaft that spreads the shoes apart and forces them into the drum, you might just need to tighten them up a bit. Hope this helps. Here's a little video of the day mine showed up at home with my parents commentating on the action... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ioe8Zle-WOk
Tracknut, It might be as simple as adjusting the clearance (reducing) between the drum and shoes. I can't find the exact measurement right now but it might be .006 thousandth. That would be a simple and easy fix.
The farmer that owns the dam thing won't let me play with it till he gets done planting this month
Crane guy, does that Bantam steer mechanically?
craneguy i still have my manual for the bantam c 350.
It steers mecanically
looks like chuck has a manual, or I could scan the pages that covers the steering out of my 450 manual. I would bet the steering is the same or similar from 350 to 450. The steering controls are underneath the machine so you would need to support the machine under the tracks to get it high enough to work on it. The problem could be in the linkage down to the lower drive shaft and turn controls.
Sorry for the delay in responding. I have been on holidyas with limited access to the internet. If you can scan the section on the steering that would be great for now but I would still like to get a manual as there are probaly other problems with this machine. Need to get it to steer so we can get it in the shop. Are we allowed to post our email address on the board for something like this?