Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

MY new boy toy (J-D 690-B 1980 )

Andre Grondin ยท 2011-05-03 09:52

Hi ! Here she is , my new girl friend , she's an old J-D 690-B that I bought to work on my friend land , J-D 690-B 1980 pretty good shape , couple of repairs to perform but not too too bad . I changed all the filters all the oil , clean all the air intake and tubing , re-tension tracks ( traction is almost new since she was on railroad work she has been on iron wheels for most of her life (8,542 hrs total)) . I have a problem with one of the traction motor that seems a tad bit weak so I have it check at a hydraulic specialist sometime this week ( hopefully repairable ) . I'm in the process of a almost full refurbish ! check this out . before http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/towoc999/JD-690-B/JD690B_001.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/towoc999/JD-690-B/JD690B_002.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/towoc999/JD-690-B/JD690B_003.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/towoc999/JD-690-B/JD690B_004.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/towoc999/JD-690-B/JD690B_005.jpg after (interior) http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/towoc999/JD-690-B/JD690B_006.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/towoc999/JD-690-B/JD690B_007.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/towoc999/JD-690-B/JD690B_008.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/towoc999/JD-690-B/JD690B_009.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/towoc999/JD-690-B/JD690B_010.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a351/towoc999/JD-690-B/JD690B_011.jpg

Replies5
  1. #1Dominion 4102011-05-03 20:37

    Look's good. I would think that Deere sold quite a 690's.

  2. #2heavylift2011-05-05 22:25

    get use to chasing the joy sticks in about a two foot circle, we had one that you almost had to keep the door open to run it, I think we had A models, and it seems like they were old in 1980,

  3. #3Andre Grondin2011-05-06 09:45

    Hi ! Maybe but for now they are stiff and good and for sure I won't put 2000hrs per years so I'm praying that they will be good with me !!! but I do believe they can become slack !!! My traction motor (aka walking motor aka traveling motor) is in the hydraulic shop for repair any minutes now I'm waiting for the diagnostic on the problem !!!

  4. #4Drc2011-05-06 23:03

    Awesome, yep no pilot controls or computers in the 690 B, when men were men, pipe layers, pipe layers, operators operators, not like I'm old or anything, anybody want a 1986 215 B?

  5. #5renaud2013-01-12 11:49

    You certainly did a good job on cleaning it, Andre. Hopefully, it will treat you good!!! Have fun doing whatever you do with it!! Max.