Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best chassis grease for greasing trucks.

RLU_tech ยท 2017-03-04 15:21

What do all of you guys believe to be the best grease for use in truck chassis? Thanks.

Replies6
  1. #1Junkyard2017-03-04 16:00

    I prefer the red Mystic JT6 or similar. There's a Chevron product that's similar but I don't recall their name for it. Stay away from the .99 stuff especially in u-joints etc. Junkyard

  2. #2Shimmy12017-03-04 18:07

    Realistically, clutch release bearing and u-joints and should get a good quality lithium grease, and everything else should use moly, but that would be inconvenient. I just use lithium in everything on the trucks, and try and grease them at least 2-3 times in between oil changes.

  3. #3tbone14712017-03-05 11:03

    We use shell retinax I think it's called gadus now. I can never remember if we use type 2 or 3. It seems to be a good grease. I believe it is pretty expensive. I want to say we buy it in packages of 30 tubes and it's somewhere around $250. I think the 30-40lb keg is around 350? Even as expensive as grease is, it is still cheaper than replacing hard parts.

  4. #4RLU_tech2017-03-05 19:44

    Anyone use Schefers grease?

  5. #5gtermini2017-03-06 11:40

    Used Schaeffers for years. Run their synthetic 15w40 oil in just about everything and have pumped cases of both red and black grease (#1, #2) without a complaint. I like this stuff for pins and chassis parts. https://www.amazon.com/Bigfoot-EP-Grease-Bigfoot-50095-T-Grease-14oz/dp/B00OV6CITK It's nasty sticky and stays put. I don't put it in bearings. Greyson

  6. #6joelmartin2017-03-09 05:48

    In northern BC, Canada, we learned not to use moly grease because it gets so stiff that you can't pump fresh grease in there. Tie rod end for example. I like red Chevron or Mobil