Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Best pintle hitch?

Johndeere120 ยท 2024-03-21 18:15

I'm looking for a good U.S.A. brand pintle hitch for my pickup and dump truck. I was going to order one off Amazon and people posted pictures that the hook broke off of course they were all from China but now I'm willing to spend anything for a good one with premier forged steel if that hook breaks it can kill someone. I'm looking at Wallace forge are they any good? It seems they are U.S.A made? Thanks

Replies11
  1. #1Truck Shop2024-03-21 18:36

    Trailer Jacks, Heavy Duty Hinges, Pintle Hitch & More | Premier-MFG Premier Manufacturing has been in business since 1924, designing, manufacturing Couplings/Pintle Hitches, Drawbar Eyes and more. www.premier-mfg.com

  2. #2Johndeere1202024-03-21 18:46

    Thank you sir just what I'm looking for

  3. #3Johndeere1202024-03-21 18:49

    I do have an old Wallace forge for my pickup should I toss it or are they okay?

  4. #4MG842024-03-22 07:31

    This is what I run on all my class 6-7 trucks, they are (were?) made in USA and are really good. Not suitable for a pickup ofcourse. https://www.etrailer.com/Pintle-Hitch/Buyers-Products/337BP760A.html?feed=npn&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3cfBheKHhQMV0pvCCB1XMAH2EAQYASABEgLW7_D_BwE

  5. #5Johndeere1202024-03-22 07:47

    I have a friend who does dump truck work and pulls equipment and drives with another friend and they both have that swivel style hitch. My friend said a few months ago he was loading an excavator and noticed something was loose by the tongue and when it check the whole shaft was about sheared. Then his buddy had the same one and his broke right where they pivot while pulling a machine in the middle of an intersection. Whole trailer dropped and caused a big scene. Knew a few other guys tell me to stay away from those. I never had one but from what I heard they aren't too good especially as they get older. I ended up buying a premier last night rated for 55 tons. Pretty expensive but at least I know it'll never break like those Chinese ones

  6. #6MG842024-03-22 10:38

    Depends on how heavy you load them I guess, I would never use that hitch anywhere near the rated capacity. One of them is on my F600 and has been in continuous service for over 30yrs, but max it ever tows is 20k.

  7. #7Acoals2024-03-22 10:56

    I have a Beyers hitch on my truck, I guess it hasn't broken yet . . .

  8. #8IceHole2024-03-22 11:27

    You need one that goes in a hitch or bolts on? I have a Buyers that's rated for 30k on my pickup. Not sure on my Dumptruck but it's a bolt on and wayyy bigger.

  9. #9Johndeere1202024-03-22 11:43

    I bought a bolt on premier. Has 8 bolts total real heavy duty was around 500 bucks.

  10. #10IceHole2024-03-22 12:46

    Seems a bit much for a pickup. Mine was maybe $150

  11. #11Johndeere1202024-03-22 13:41

    Oh sorry I should have mentioned that was for my dump truck. Don't need a 55ton for a pickup lol